Need recommendation for skincare products

lovesilk

Need recommendation for skincare products

Post by lovesilk » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:10 pm

Hi Jen, When I was younger my skin was very oily but now my skin has become very dry. It has always been extremely sensitive (read: it really dislikes most products regardless of whether they are natural or not) resulting in red blotches, and when it really has issue with something, it will also break out. It still looks very good for my age but I am seeing a few fine lines also. So the issues are dryness, sensitivity, anti-aging, and some faint red dots from old scars.

I was thinking along the lines of these products and wondered which would be best (or what to eliminate).

I have in the past tried the Green Tea and Aloe and Super Serum which produced the usual red blotchiness (no surprise) but not extreme. One cleanser that my skin does like is Avalon CoQ10 cream cleanser, for some reason it keeps my skin even toned after I wash. However I'm not thrilled with its ingredients plus it leaves a film. I have since come to realize that the most important step is the cleanser because that seems to set the stage as to whether my skin will be red or not. So far my skin does seem to stay even-toned (not red) with the Apricot cleanser, but I don't know how effective it is for removing makeup (I haven't tried it for that yet because I only have a sample size, so I use it in the morning).

Here are things that I picked out:

Botanical Hydration Serum

Apricot Cleansing Oil

Facelift Vitamin C, DMAE & Peptide serum

Firming Moisturizer w/ CoQ10 & Renovage

2% BHA Toner

Lavender pH balanced toner

Oatmeal Milk and Honey Mask

Or anything else I have not thought of that you recommend.

Thank you!
JenW

Re: Need recommendation for skincare products

Post by JenW » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:15 pm

Your list looks pretty good to me. I am sure you know to start slow in adding new things in.

If you do come across something that doesn't agree with your skin, just take it back to the simplest routine you can until the skin calms down. At that point, I am more than willing to help you out with suggestions other than the things you listed here.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
lovesilk

Re: Need recommendation for skincare products

Post by lovesilk » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:32 am

Thank you! Between the toners I listed, I was only going to get one, so I wondered which would be more suitable for my skin?

A few more questions:

I might also incorporate retinol, copper peptides for skin remodeling, and/or Avalon Vitamin C which my skin likes... but maybe once I'm on your Vit C it won't be necessary? Anyway, if I use these, what would be a good regimen with the addition of your products?

The Oatmeal Hydrating serum: I don't know how I overlooked that since it looks to be made for skin like mine. I do stay away from gluten though... so I don't know how much would be absorbed in to the body? Would that be a good replacement for other, or to alternate days?

Other thing: my husband likes your Green Tea and Aloe texture because it doesn't feel greasy. Since your products all have that light feeling, is there one that would be more anti-aging (retaining that lightness/non-greasy) since he would not be using anything else?

Thank you!