Let's talk about Holiday...

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
karen
Site Admin

Let's talk about Holiday...

Post by karen » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:40 pm

I'm actually in full-swing for the Holiday collection. There's a few BIG surprises coming, and between the things that we've been working on, older requests and some other things it's a pretty full list.

The one thing that I really want to maybe attempt is kits of some sort. I know I've asked this about a billion times, but what would you like?

If you have any other wishes let me know. As much as I love nail polish- I'm not making it. I don't want to keep those types of solvents around the shop.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Oxana124

Re: Let's talk about Holiday...

Post by Oxana124 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:57 pm

Well this just got me so excited! I sure am going to be looking forward to whatever you have in store for us for the Holidays! :)

How about a customizable kit? Maybe we can pick a few eye colors, a lip color, and a lip balm or something. And it would come in a cute little gift box :) So it would make the perfect gift or stocking stuffer, and most people probably already have favorite colors they would love to recommend to a friend or family member, so the custom option would allow for that. And the fact that you wouldn't have to wrap it is always a plus.

I would also love to see some cool Holiday/Winter inspired colors. Maybe something limited edition just for the holidays, I know colors that are more "unusual" are not huge sellers because they are more for special occasion, but having a limited edition run would allow for something like that.
I am all about the irridescent/duochrome colors, so I would love to see some cool creations that have that.
Below are some cool colors, they are glosses, but anything that looks like that would be neat, solid lippies or even shadows :)
Also, I am in love with Betty, and so any lippie with green iridescence sounds good to me.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
Maeva

Post by Maeva » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:57 pm

How exciting that the Holiday Collection is already underway!

I also love anything with a duochrome finish, especially lighter brighter shadows and glosses.
A silvery duochrome gloss would be great!

Cream shadows with a suede or nearly matte finish (again, I prefer lighter and brighter shades).

I would love a light tan lip stain; it would look like a natural warm-nude on my medium pigmented lips.
I would love a neutral or slightly warm rose lip stain.
I would love a pale pink-plum lip stain.

An anti-frizz hair finishing gel with silk protein and silicone would be wonderful.

Lipstick!
An updated version of Cayenne in the new budge-proof formula.
A blue red shade (not berry!) with a very subtle pearl finish.

Thanks for asking ;)
I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little...you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny. – Coco Chanel
kchalbi

Post by kchalbi » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:57 pm

I'd love a gold topper to replace Gleaming/Excite and an oxblood, deep red lipstick. I'd love a berry blush, similar to Believer ALG. I also second the idea of a frizz-fighting gel with silk protein!

Can't wait to see what you come up with!
shiny

Post by shiny » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:56 am

Some people don't quite know where to start when it comes to buying makeup. And some people might like to buy a gift for a loved-one, but not know what to get. So how about some eyeshadow kits geared towards eye color? Maybe duos, trios or quads for brown eyes, blue eyes, green eyes, gray eyes? You could even have matte kits and shimmer kits for each eye color.
cclee00

Post by cclee00 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:13 pm

Yay! I'm so excited for holidays! Big surprises sound exciting! I like fun colors for eyeshadows (they don't have to be bright, just not neutral [I know I'm in the minority here], maybe jewel tone) and practically any lippies you can think of! A glitter bomb is what I'm hoping for. ;)
Caroline

Makeup junkie extraordinaire and geek
LT16

Post by LT16 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:23 pm

Like a snowflake, I'd love to see some sheer iridescent layering colors (like the pics Oxana posted) and preferably in the ALG formula as that formula isn't as big as the others.
Charz

Post by Charz » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:31 pm

I'd love a cream blush palette! The formula is so convenient, and a palette to keep at my SO's place would be even better. Ideally I'd like it to have Amuse (or a new shimmerless peach?), a cream version of Climax, Tickle, Candy Apple and maybe Pizzaz or a more glowy golden highlighter?

As for kits, perhaps some could be made using the stackable jars that the Naked Palette 2 dupes come in?

Oxana's suggestion of irridescent/duochrome colours sounds amazing too, I'd love some of those.
Heidiv

Post by Heidiv » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:48 am

While I'm not sure why Eden is going away, I think a color in the ALG or SS that is similar, even perhaps without the little bit of pearl finish Eden has would be a great addition. A nice neutral mauve plum, my lips but better color hasn't been represented yet and is on trend with the season.

With all the talk of kits, perhaps we could take the idea of color washes a step further with a fair, medium and tan kit that carried lid washes for each skin tone? If you are struggling for warm vs cool in that spectrum, perhaps include a warm, neutral and cool? The reasoning behind this could be for those struggling to find what color tones would work best on their eyes or even safe colors for work environments.

I thought the blackberry lip balm was AWESOME. Could we do a couple fun flavors for the holiday season?
I'm a HUGE Ice fan but I'd buy blackberry any day even if it was in the low gloss formula :D

Thanks for listening to our suggestions and ideas as always Karen!

Heidi
edited to add mauve in front of plum. Didn't want folks thinking Eden is purple....
Heidiv

Post by Heidiv » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:04 am

Just thought of something else that would be more of a personal request. I love Glacier for toning down lippies that are just brighter or warmer than I thought they'd be. Maybe you could include a little bit of the glacier pigment in with brighter/warmer colors to create a more neutral but amped up color? I'm talking colors that are too bright for me like Blushberry, Strawberry Fields or even Blaze to name a few. Glacier just seems to turn them all into something toned down but beautiful.

Thanks again for listening to our thoughts

Heidi