Lux Powder and skin purging?

LionT

Lux Powder and skin purging?

Post by LionT » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:28 pm

Hi, I started using the Lux powder (pearl powder) as a leave-on treatment at night.

I noticed a few small pimple like irregularities on my skin. On my nose, I see small clot like lumps that can be scratched out and feels like clogged sebum.

Is this the skin purging itself in response to the Lux powder, or I am allergic to something? :?:
Thanks!
Early spring mix:
2WG+2BG+1ebony+1/4 olive+ 36ivory
JenW

Re: Lux Powder and skin purging?

Post by JenW » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:14 am

LionT wrote:Hi, I started using the Lux powder (pearl powder) as a leave-on treatment at night.

I noticed a few small pimple like irregularities on my skin. On my nose, I see small clot like lumps that can be scratched out and feels like clogged sebum.

Is this the skin purging itself in response to the Lux powder, or I am allergic to something? :?:
Thanks!
In my experience, allergic reactions are usually red and irritated, and sometimes welted and itchy. Clogged sebum like you describe is probably something different and kind of sounds like a purge of sorts. Try it for a little while longer and see if it gets worse (if you are willing to take a chance)... If you don't want to take a chance, I would discontinue use.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com