Skin Care Recommendations for Congested, Combination Skin?

mitsuki44

Skin Care Recommendations for Congested, Combination Skin?

Post by mitsuki44 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:58 pm

Hi everyone!

This is my first post onto this forum and I'm quite excited to learn more about Silk Naturals products! I first learned about them from the Skincare Addition subforum on reddit and have been a lurker of this forum ever since!

I think I have combination skin that's congested with sebaceous filaments on my nose and rough patches sometimes on my cheeks. The texture of my skin gets really bumpy, really easily - when I'm in the shower, I can drag my nails along the surface of my skin and remove a combination of oily, dead skin that has balled up and I hate that the texture of my skin is so rough. I know that this is quite damaging to your skin, but if I don't do this for even just a day, my skin will be bumpy and filled with oil pockets again :(

I've already placed an order for samples of the Apricot Cleansing Oil, the Kiss Cleanser, the Green Tea & Aloe Serum, the 2% BHA Toner, and the Hemp Moisturizer (I may have been jumping the gun a little bit but I can't just sit around without taking action anymore!) but I was wondering if you guys might have any more recommendations for my skin.

Thank you so much for all your help!!

Annabelle
JenW

Re: Skin Care Recommendations for Congested, Combination Ski

Post by JenW » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:17 pm

I think you are off to a good start. Take your time adding things into your routine. That way, you can have a better idea of which products might not work for you.

At some point, you might want to add in our AHA Toner, but for now, see if the BHA will do the job.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
mitsuki44

Re: Skin Care Recommendations for Congested, Combination Ski

Post by mitsuki44 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:00 am

Thanks so much for your help Jen!!

I've actually been really bad (or good, depending on how you look at it) with my skincare lately and have just been splashing my face with warm water and scrubbing away at the dead skin accumulating on my face with my fingernails....so there really hasn't been anything that I could have swapped in slowly in my routine >.<

I am currently testing the Apricot Cleansing Oil (I think I'm most excited about this product since I've tried to make the OCM method work, but was unable to get all the oil off of my face), the Green Tea & Aloe Serum, and because I didn't think that my face was hydrated enough after that, I've added on the Hemp Moisturizer (on only my cheeks!) as well. My trial vials of BHA toner will have to wait until my skin has adjusted to this routine.

I will test them and then update a while later let you all know how it's been going!