Q: Mama's Helper and Lemon Wasabi Blemish Buster

bomkin

Q: Mama's Helper and Lemon Wasabi Blemish Buster

Post by bomkin » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:30 pm

This is my first time posting on the boards, I hope I'm doing this right.. :')

Anyway, I had a few questions. I've been using Lemon Wasabi Blemish Buster, morning and night under my moisturizer (plain Hemp Seed Oil). I'm almost done with my first tube and ordered a second one, and it's been working out pretty great for me. I have very sensitive skin that can break out very easily. It's just hard to find things that work for me since many products that are targeted toward breakout-prone folks are generally quite drying since most tend to be oily all around. But I have combo skin that gets really oily in some areas and dry or even patchy in others. I have pretty bad hyperpigmentation marks that I've been trying for years and years to get rid of and I was hoping Mama's Helper serum would help. The question is, if the LWBB has been working out for me, would Mama's Helper be even better (as in controlling break outs & fade hyperpigmentation marks overtime)? Or break me out? I'm also concerned about the level of dryness since all of the makeupalley reviews have said it is too drying to use.

To give a bit of a background, I was using a 10% AHA cream for probably about 2 years or so. It helped with breakouts but did nothing at all for my hyperpigmentation marks, which I'm prone to getting/having them for a long time. I also piled on sunblock with this regimen every single day. I used a concentrated AHA peel twice at home to see if it would help but that damaged my skin and made it much worse than before. After that I swore off of chemicals/abrasive anythings altogether. I've been using Dr. Bronner's liquid soap (diluted to the maximum) and oils for several years now. I use a microfiber washcloth & Dr. Bronner's to wash and 100% hemp oil to moisturize (the only oil that hasn't broken me out and manages to moisturize my dry areas; Jojoba, coconut, olive, sweet almond, sesame, tea tree & lavender EO all break me out/are too harsh for me). The only other thing I use on my spots is 50/50 diluted apple cider vinegar every few days or so. It worked veeeery slowly for a while when I was using it everyday on spots, but it's pretty frustrating. When I tried using it as a toner, my skin became irritated and I'm no longer 100% at peace with using ACV on my face. (I am in my early 20s by the way.)

So these are the only things I put on my face now:
-Diluted Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Liquid Castile Soap (tiny bit at the bottom of squeezy bottle, rest water)
-Microfiber cloth only at night to gently exfoliate
-Lemon Wasabi Blemish Buster nearly on whole face
-A few drops of hemp seed oil

For makeup:
-Lucy Minerals foundation (as sunscreen) & finishing powder - all in Light formula for very sensitive skins
-LM & Silk Naturals blushes
-Very occasionally SN Sheer Zinc Powder for extra sun protection if I'm staying out all day (it's been over a 100 degrees F nearly everyday, going up 115 these summery days of Cali)

I no longer use chemical or organic sunscreens because my skin cannot tolerate them & they are way too drying even on my body. I bought a lot of things from SN because I got way too excited, like Awesome Sauce, Tempt Tryst, Original Perfecting Powder, Luxury Powder, etc. But Awesome Sauce broke me out and the Eyelash Gel breaks me out every time I use it on my brows (so I only use it on my lashes now). I'm starting to think silica & silk powder also break me out (in larger amounts), so I have cut them out altogether atm, except for a couple of SN blushes.

Oh gosh, sorry that was so extensive. But I'm REALLY hoping to get some answers to finally get my skin under control. The LWBB is doing a good job of that, I just don't know how good it will be for hyperpigmentation marks. And like another reviewer said, I wish there was another option for a bigger container, because I would jump on that like white on rice (if Mama's Helper isn't my answer). Thank you in advance if you were able to take the time to read & answer to this long thingamabob.
JenW

Re: Q: Mama's Helper and Lemon Wasabi Blemish Buster

Post by JenW » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:16 am

I know this is a very short answer to a long and well thought out post. Everyone's skin is different. All I can suggest is to try a sample of Mama's Helper. It is good that you know to proceed with caution since you have very sensitive skin. Mama's Helper is generally great for very sensitive skin.

With anything you try on your skin, there really cannot be a guarantee that you won't break out or that it will do a perfect job of what it claims. Hyperpigmentation is a tough one for those with sensitive skin. Usually, you end up with more of a reduction in coloration rather than an elimination. (And then for me, one day in the sun ruins all of my progress...) There are many outside factors that affect your skin well apart from the products you use. I hope you find something that works for you.

Is there any reason you don't use the Ultra Sheer Zinc more often?
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
bomkin

Post by bomkin » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:58 am

Oh no, no! Thank you SO much for answering. I ordered a sample of Mama's Helper and it is on its way! :)

In hindsight, what you say completely hit me on the head; Now that I think about it, it was kind of funny that I thought I could get an answer to a question like that ("Will this break me out?") on an online board, when no one knows my skin more than I do. But thank you for your answer, Jen, it helps me out a lot. You're always very helpful, from what I have seen. I also shouldn't expect one thing to be a cure-all! I wish though. :lol: I keep my diet and such pretty strict so I may have fallen under the wishful thinking that I could get a fix-all from just one skincare product..

And yes!!! That one-day-in-the-sun-ruins-all-progress thing happens to me too!! It is very frustrating, so I feel you.

Oh, I don't use it as often because I feel like putting it on is pretty redundant most of the time since my foundation has high amounts of zinc & titanium o's to my knowledge. I usually try to stay inside during the hottest parts of the day. I have bought three full size jars of it though. My family members are loving it too!
bomkin

Post by bomkin » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:10 am

Oh! And I forgot to add that one of my motivations of asking this was because I thought the ingredient list for Mama's Helper & Lemon Wasabi BB seemed pretty similar. But I wasn't sure about the amounts, etc.
JenW

Post by JenW » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:18 pm

bomkin wrote:Oh! And I forgot to add that one of my motivations of asking this was because I thought the ingredient list for Mama's Helper & Lemon Wasabi BB seemed pretty similar. But I wasn't sure about the amounts, etc.
For a question that specific, you will need to ask Karen.
Faves-
JenW

Post by JenW » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:18 pm

bomkin wrote:Oh! And I forgot to add that one of my motivations of asking this was because I thought the ingredient list for Mama's Helper & Lemon Wasabi BB seemed pretty similar. But I wasn't sure about the amounts, etc.
For a question that specific, you will need to ask Karen.
Faves-