Liquid wand glosses.

This is the Silk Naturals suggestion box!
Post your color requests, and other wishes here.
zooeyblue

Re: Liquid wand glosses.

Post by zooeyblue » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:35 pm

Strawberry Fields Slick Stick is my new favorite lippie, so I'm looking forward to more in this formula. Solid Summer Fling? Yay! Can't hardly wait. . . :D
~Tracy~
MBlovesSN

Post by MBlovesSN » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:32 am

karen wrote:I don't plan to get rid of any colors, but I know that 3/4 of the pigments in Ginny were discontinued- I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can clone it, or dig up enough of the pigment to last a while (a possibility- I'm doing a pigment inventory soon). My plan was to pull out the doe foot colors take a look at them, and decide whether they'd be better to stay as a liquid or convert them to a Slick Stick.
Honestly, I think I would love Ginny (or her possible clone) either way (gloss or in stick form) solely because I love the color. I will say; however, I love love love the gloss formula. It packs enough color onto my lips and lasts a long time, especially for a gloss! Also, I never have that "my gloss is running outside of my lip line" feeling, which I detest. The glosses really work for me, but I do understand they don't work for everybody, especially in the color pay-off department.
Favorites

Blush: Abstract, Maybe Baby, and Poppy
Eyeshadows: Blanket Fort, Cult, Danny, Latte, and Moss
Lipsticks: All In, Asset, Eternal, Notion, and Syntax
MBlovesSN

Post by MBlovesSN » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:04 am

karen wrote:So the Slick Stick is a win/win/win (the folks who couldn't use the minty ALG's) solution to that. IMHO the gloss level is about the same as the doe foot wands, the ingredients are the same, and so is the scent.
I bought Briarwood and Strawberry Fields Slick Sticks last week and wore Briarwood today to test out the color. The color payoff was fantastic (for me, it is a MLBB color with a hint of pink and a little gold shimmer) and it stayed true to color on my lips for about five hours (if I hadn't eaten dinner, it probably would have lasted longer). I'm really excited to try my Strawberry Fields now.

One little thing I did notice is despite the fact the ingredients are the same, I found the Slick Stick way more moisturizing than my liquid glosses. I wore Briarwood when I was around the house this evening and I felt as though the gloss was migrating outside of my lip lines. I don't think I have experienced this with the liquid glosses or other lipsticks from SN, but have experienced this with other companies' lippies. I don't know if it was the humidity in the house, the fact I didn't have any other makeup/skincare on to absorb the oil in my skin, or it it was the moisturizing properties of the gloss itself. Does anybody else find the Slick Sticks more moisturizing than the liquid glosses, or is it my imagination? I have oily skin and in the summer time especially, anything super moisturizing or with more slip seems to migrate outside of my lip lines, which I can't stand. For me, these might be better in the winter when my skin and lips are drier.

Any thoughts or opinions?
Favorites

Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:56 am

Maybe SN could make something to prevent lip products from migrating outside the lips. This doesn't happen to me personally, but I do see a lot of companies having all sorts of products, like clear lip pencils you draw with just outside the lips, etc. I bet SN could make something awesome to address this issue for you and others!

Also, I personally am all for Slick Stick replacing the liquid glosses, but just wanted to mention another packaging idea that someone thought of on the other forum. Just in case some glosses can't be made solid or something like that... Those pens that twist up and have a brush applicator tip! They have a nice brush applicator(which you don't dip back in so it won't splay), but they are notorious for holding very little actual product. So that seems like it would please most people, since the biggest thing is people wanted a small container.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:57 pm

Thank you so much for the feedback! I'll get started on it soon. I do like our liquid gloss formula, but ugh the packaging. They are thicker so the twist up ones don't seem to work, and I suspect that's what's splaying some of the bristles on the new packaging.

I can do matte colors in the Slick Sticks- no worries there. Matte doesn't work for cream shadows (at least for now...I haven't given up), but at this point I don't anticipate any huge issues making the swap, and am excited for a solid Shrieking Violet.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
MBlovesSN

Post by MBlovesSN » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:27 pm

So, when should we anticipate the switch? Guess I should stock up on the doe foot glosses soon!?! :D

Also, are the Slick Sticks more moisturizing, or is it my imagination? They seem to be.....
Favorites

sunnyray

Post by sunnyray » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:46 pm

I was thinking about all this last night.How about a Roll on to replace the liquid glosses?I noticed in my new allure May issue page 54 that Estee Lauder has a liquid gloss roll-on "Roller Gloss". It's just a thought Karen.I personally love the small doefoot but have to admit that the slicksticks are just wonderful and it wouldn't bother me at all if you came out with a million more colors!
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:15 pm

sunnyray wrote:I was thinking about all this last night.How about a Roll on to replace the liquid glosses?I noticed in my new allure May issue page 54 that Estee Lauder has a liquid gloss roll-on "Roller Gloss". It's just a thought Karen.I personally love the small doefoot but have to admit that the slicksticks are just wonderful and it wouldn't bother me at all if you came out with a million more colors!
If they are too thick for one of those twist up brush pen applicators, then they are probably too thick for a roll on as well. I noticed that all the roll on glosses I have tried tend to be pretty watery, probably so they will come out of that roller ball portion.
LT16

Post by LT16 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:50 pm

What about those squeeze tubes? Kinda like the ones that OCC Lip Tars comes in?

Just throwing ideas out there...but Shrieking Violet in solid form?! Why not?!! (but in ALG?) Am I asking too much? Ha!
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:05 pm

SN has those squeeze tubes. Coy, Kitten, and Clear come in those currently.
They hold more product than the small tubes with the due foot wand, and thus cost more. Maybe that's the problem, is people are wanting something same size as the old doe foot tubes...

I totally forgot about Shrieking Violet, that in solid form will be almost as exciting to me as Icing and Coy in solid form. Love all those colors!