Spring is Live!!!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
karen
Site Admin

Spring is Live!!!

Post by karen » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:56 pm

I'm going to quickly link you to the blog post...it's a fun release, and not a single powder!
http://silknaturalscosmetics.blogspot.c ... prung.html

WhoooHoooo!!!! It’s finally finally Spring! And, no Spring is complete without some sparkling new colors. The inspiration for this collection is New York City! It's fast paced, diverse, friendly, and there's something for everyone!
First up we have the much anticipated 6 months in the making Chromatic Cream Eye Colors. We had soo many requests, and I couldn’t help myself so there are a whopping 20 colors! There’s a little something for everyone, and be sure to really read the description and check out the swatches. If you’re looking for neutrals check out Soho, and Gramercy. They’re a little bit more matte than the others and perfect for daytime.

Then we have 2 new cream blushes. Chelsea- a pinkish plum with a little bit of sparkle, and a little warmth added in, and Hamptons Hottie a cream bronzer (it was about time…)

Lippies! We’ve gone back and forth on the liquid lippie packaging a few times- and there doesn’t seem to be a general concensus. My feeling with the doe-foot wands is that you’re just not getting the full oomph in terms of gloss and color. There are many many things to like about that packaging, but I just felt that you deserved a better experience.
So, I whizzed up a new (old) formula- the ALG’s but without the menthol or plumper. We’re calling them Slick Sticks, and hopefully if you like them they’ll replace the doe-foot wands. You get the full effect of the gloss, and color, and the little bit cheaper price so you can collect them. They’re just a natural vanilla flavor and they are unsweetened.
There are 5 new Slick Sticks and I’ve intro priced them at $3.99 until May 1 or until they run out. Then we’ll re-evaluate. It seems like a good win/win in my head, but I never quite know. I probably owe you some more lippies, but with the formula and packaging switch ups I thought we’d see where things settle out and go from there.
There’s also one new Liquid Gloss- Broadway- a shimmering pixie sparkle.

In a bit of unfun news- we have to raise prices. I *think* the last time we bumped them was in 2008 or 2009?? It’s been a while, and we’ve had increases in materials and packaging, rent, and we’re using more expensive ingredients so we need to do a slight adjustment. Starting May 1 the price of the shadows will go up to $4.50 a jar. I also need to increase the price of the lippies, but I’ll hold off on that for now.

In the category labeled Fun Stuff you'll find...wait for it...Fun stuff!!
Someone asked for a knockoff Beauty Blender sponge and I found one that's fantastic. It's only $4.99 and it's really something everyone should have.

And the MYSTERY ADVENTURE CLUB is back!!! Just in time for Summer. You’ll get 3 monthly shipments with all of the GWP’s plus some other fun stuff. It’s fun for everyone…
I have to give a HUGE shoutout to the SN crew- Susan, Jen, and Heidi. They really pulled out all the stops to make this an incredible collection.
And of course, THANK YOU! You’re all rockstars, and I hope this collection lets you really strut your stuff.

Have fun!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
packgal

Re: Spring is Live!!!

Post by packgal » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:59 pm

Wow, great job on all the cream shadow colors! Gorgeous! Plus I'm sure there will be some people who are sooo happy the MAC is back :)
nature

Post by nature » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:05 pm

Thanks, Karen and team! Gorgeous *thumbs up*
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:11 pm

WOW!!! Karen you've outdone yourself! So many amazing products, I don't even know on which to click fist.
Super excited about the cream shadows, and in such a range of colors! Amazing!
Can the matte black be used as a base?
The sparkly liquid gloss looks amazing!
The new lippies sound awesome, love the ALG formula, so if it appeals to more people having a mint-less ALG formula, that's no problem, I can always layer a clear ALG under. Colors look amazing!
Ridiculously excited for the sheer purple layering lippie!

And I've never tried the Adventure Club, but I just might have to this time, I've always regretted not doing it in the past.

*off to make the biggest cart that I can while still being able to afford it*
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
Colleen

Post by Colleen » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:20 pm

Everything looks so pretty Karen.
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:22 pm

Yay!!! I'm thrilled that you like it! Thank you!

Blackout as a base wasn't great for me- as a liner it's cool, but it's not wet enough to pop out the colors as a base...but I had a brain wave last night to put it on over Stick 'Em and I'm testing it now. So far it's nifty albeit a little tricky (nothing you can't handle). Black Stick 'Em didn't pan out this time, but I did try. I want a white Stick 'Em too.

One other weird thing is that putting Welcome Matte on top of the Chromatics seemed to decrease wear time, but my eye lids are kind of a mess at the moment so I'm not sure if it was just wonky skin or a wonky combo.
tori8780

Post by tori8780 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:27 pm

I'm *so* excited for the slick sticks! I love the feel of the ALGs, but mint is very irritating to my lips, so I never really wear these. Will probably have to get all the colors in the SS! The cream shadows look beautiful. I hope they work with oily lids - I'm always hesitant with cream products! Beautiful job Karen!
ErinL

Post by ErinL » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:29 pm

Gorgeous!!!! I am thrilled to pieces over the cream shadows and the beauty blender! Thank you so so much!
Do you think it might work for me to add a powdered eyeshadow to one of the pale cream shadow bases, to make my own color? I'm thinking specifically of Doubloons and Quiver.

Thank you again! I know all you ladies worked super hard on this. :D
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:07 pm

I haven't tried it as a mixing medium. To try to mix it as a batch at home would be nearly impossible- that's why there isn't a clear version. It's tricky stuff to work with, and wet pigments yield a lot different results.

I got to the end and thought I didn't do Doubloons!! It's going on the list for next time. Quiver could be neat too. It may or may not work out, but I'll give it a try. In the mean time you'd probably like Soho.

And editing to add...the ALG formula is staying the way it is. Don't panic!
Toby

Post by Toby » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:17 pm

Eee! So excited to try everything. I also find mint in lip products irritating (downright painful, not just tingly), so am happy to see the slick sticks. Plus, I've been wanting some sheer colours for low-key days. :)

I would LOVE to see a black Stick 'Em at some point. Too bad Blackout is tricky as a base. I haven't found a black base that I LOVE yet.

Must cut down the cart somewhat -- a shocking number of products leaped into the cart!

ETA: I assume the cream eyeshadows aren't included in the freebies at every $30?