Super Serum - Thin Consistency

hlwood

Super Serum - Thin Consistency

Post by hlwood » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:27 am

Hey yall. I ordered a variety of samples the other day because I'm really wanting to change my skincare routine up. I received samples of Super Serum, Awesome Sauce, and Mama's Helper. The latter 2 feel like a normal serum - they are relatively viscous. However, my sample of Super Serum is very very thin and watery. It is straight up liquid. I'm finding that it's hard to distrubute on my face since the consistency is so thin. I'm also wasting product because it's dripping off my fingers. Is this the way that Super Serum is supposed to be? Or did I somehow get a botched sample?
JenW

Re: Super Serum - Thin Consistency

Post by JenW » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:46 am

I have not used that one in a while. I do remember it being less gel-like and more liquid compared to others, though. Mama'a Helper and Awesome Sauce are the most gel-like of all the treatment serums.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
hlwood

Post by hlwood » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:59 am

Oh ok thanks. Maybe I should stick to Mama's Helper and Awesome Sauce. The consistency of Super Serum is just throwing me off too much - it doesn't feel like a serum!
Springfairy

Post by Springfairy » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:36 am

I have super serum and it is watery but that should not put you off, it is a really great serum for your skin, highly recommended. I often mix it with other serums or with an SN face cream in my palm and it works just fine.
"Everything that is done for us, without us, is not ours."
fluttershy

Post by fluttershy » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:16 pm

The only thing I found really offputting about the Super Serum was the pump bottle. I had an impossible time getting it to distribute nicely. It seemed like the pump would just spurt and sputter EVERYWHERE *but* where I wanted it to go. :(
Freshia

Post by Freshia » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:42 am

I am also a big fan of super serum and actually like the watery texture. My pump works well, they go to my palm when I squirt it.
fluttershy

Post by fluttershy » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:27 am

Freshia wrote:I am also a big fan of super serum and actually like the watery texture. My pump works well, they go to my palm when I squirt it.
Maybe my pump is just fussy.... my bottle is almost gone, so perhaps I'll reorder and have better luck!