Spring?

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
Oxana124

Spring?

Post by Oxana124 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:06 pm

Is it too early to start talking about a Spring Collection? If I am not mistaken it was up March 29 last year, so I think we are getting close :)

Here are some things I would love to see:

Lip:
1.) Baby Cool Pink ALG: Either no shimmer, or some pearl would be my preference. A type of pink like Reaction or Confession.
2.)Fairy Dust lipgloss: A liquid gloss with lots of glamorous multi colored shimmer. Something that looks like you’ve added a bit of fairy dust to your lips.
3.) a purple or blue version of Glacier ALG, this would be a super fun layering color, and purple is very in this Spring!
4.)Golden mauve nude: I would love a lippie that is a nude like Hey Baby, but a little cooler, so just a touch more purple to it. And then with visible golden pearl to it. That would be an awesome color. I’d love to see that in either ALG or Buttercream formula.
Eyes:
1.)Cream Shadows! Love the gumball, would be awesome to see more. I would love some pastel colors, especially yellow.
2.)Stick ‘Em Primer in a dark gray. The iridescent shadows really pop when applied to a darker base, like black or dark gray. But unfortunately I can use the black cream liner as a base as creamy things crease on me. The Stick ‘Em really holds shadow well and provides a saturated color, so it would be awesome to have a darker tinted version.
Skin:
1.)Would love something to target skin hyperpigmentation, something that would lighten it, I have a real problem with it and nothing seems to help.
2.) Would also love a primer that has some sunscreen properties. Something lightweight for the warmer weather, non greasy, but not drying and without silica(as that sucks all moisture out of my skin). And maybe with some micro zinc, so it is not whitening, yet provides some sun protection. Tinted like a tinted moisturizer would be cool too.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
karen
Site Admin

Re: Spring?

Post by karen » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:22 pm

I usually aim to release Spring by the end of April...last year it was early because I was soooo pregnant. I'm taking a little more time this year because I have a couple of projects we're working on and I want to be sure that they're just right before they go on the site.

Keep the ideas coming though! And I'm listening about the lip gloss tubes- I'm still torn because man I love that brush, but my opinion doesn't really count.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Heidiv

Post by Heidiv » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:30 pm

I'd like to see a clear (no shimmer or pearl) ALG version of a mlbb color like Eden. While Eden is one of my top favs, I'd love it if it was a little more on the sheer side too and in the ALG formula :)

I'd like to second a baby pink ALG but for me, only if it wouldn't settle into lines so I suppose it would need to be somewhat sheer too.

Oh a purple version of Glacier would be AWESOME :D

Perhaps for shadows I'd like to put my vote in for some Bobbi Brown Lilac palette dupes !

Thanks for reading Karen :)
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:31 pm

I've definitely had gloss tube with brushes that didn't splay before (like PF plumping potion) but I don't know what the difference is, if it's the tube opening, or the product the brush is coated or something else. I like the brush that's smooth, but it is hard to keep the product application to just your lips when the brush is splayed everywhere. It's a good idea, just maybe not quite the right tube?

I'm sure it goes without saying that my request is always for peach/orange
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
Heidiv

Post by Heidiv » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:43 pm

I have to say I'm not loving the brush for the glosses either, mine has a frizz issue too. Shutter is a bit thicker than I remember the glosses being so it seems like a gloss/lipstick hybrid to me and very similar to Allure ALG. Shutter is still lovely but I already had Allure so for me it comes down to which formula I prefer and which delivery method.
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:03 pm

I LOVE brush applicator for gloss because it applies it way better, thicker, more opaque, etc. However, I have too experienced the bristles getting at slayed out after several used. I wonder if it is a matter of putting it back in correctly? I know I would still love a brush applicator, so if there is maybe another option because like Xarata I too have had some glosses with brushes that never splayed out, like some seasonal Buxoms that had brush applicators.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
shiny

Post by shiny » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:29 pm

As long as you're considering requests...

Your 'Black Label Smooth and Full' is my #1 favorite product in your entire line. But I love the texture of 'Summer Fling' and 'Delacouer'. So I'd love it if you could take the Dipalmitoyl hydroxyproline plumper and put it in your Clear Liquid Gloss, in a tube with a doe foot applicator (because fingers get so germy).

PS: I like your older liquid gloss formula with the more subtle vanilla/stevia flavor.

Whatever you do, Karen, you are Wonder Woman in my book- not only for your great products but also for the way you treat your customers!
cclee00

Post by cclee00 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:11 am

I was wondering about spring! I second all of Oxana's requests. I would love to see:

- funky colored lippies!
- an medium-hued emerald green shadow, like the Sephora + Pantone emerald shadow
- anything wild and crazy for my adventurous days

I'm divided on the lip gloss brushes. Mine hasn't splayed, but maybe I haven't used it enough (though it's been a good 10 uses or so). I have more of a problem with the bigger size and the price. I have a lot of lippies that I may never use up, plus I could buy two ALGs for the price of the one tube. But whatever is decided, I'll probably be happy with it.
Caroline

Makeup junkie extraordinaire and geek
cristy_amk

Post by cristy_amk » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:28 am

How about a MLBB type collection? I know that there are some colors on the site already that address this but I've found that I'm neutral and it's hard to find a color that matches. I'm thinking a line that would be Cool MLBB, Neutral MLBB, and Warm MLBB.

Pink shimmery with cool base blush (like EDM Pink Snowflakes) but maybe a bit deeper. LOL I always like putting just a "bit more" blush on!

Lip Liners! Yes I know they are supposed to be "outdated" but I LOVE just a little definition being added to my lips to really make the colors pop a bit more and to stay in place.

You have the lip balms, how about lip balms with just a "bit" of color? Those are great for spring/summer when you want to add lip product with no mirror.
ErinL

Post by ErinL » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:30 am

I would love love more colors with the same texture/finish as Nectar! Some warmer and slightly dark colors! I love the glossy, non-shimmery-ness :lol: . I would love a color similar to Centerfold or Darling--MLBB, but in Nectar's texture.

Also, I would still love cream shadows! I would love colors similar to Doubloons, Adore, Quiver, Fire, Idolize... :)