Looking for new skincare regimen with SN

Christina1121

Looking for new skincare regimen with SN

Post by Christina1121 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:55 am

I'm looking to establish a great skin care regimen using SN, but I have no idea where to start.

I'm nursing, and will be for at least another 2 years, so anything I use needs to be breastfeeding mama safe.

My skin is pretty dry on my forehead, and my skin is oily everywhere overall. I'm pretty sure I have an overall dryness problem as my face feels so tight when I get out of the shower, or when I wash it - with my face overcompensating with the production of oil.

I have fairly large pores, and any acne I get usually comes in the form of black heads. Especially on my chin, cheeks and nose area. I would love for those to be a thing on the past.

Did I say I have a oil problem? I can't go a full day without needing blotting papers or just being ultra reflective on my forehead and chin.

My skin tone is a bit uneven, with splotchy redness, especially around my nose. Overall I have found my skin to be quite reactive - not really sensitive, but becomes red easily in the heat, or cold, or when touched... if that makes sense.

As of right now, I wash my face with a scrub every/every other morning. I find I need to exfoliate that often because my skin on my forehead peels - but maybe I'm doing more harm than good?

I honestly usually sleep in my MMU. I wash with Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminating Daily Scrub (2% SA). Then I use Neutrogena Clear Pore Oil Eliminating Astringent (2% SA) (scrubbing my cheeks, and forehead) then moisturize with Olay Complete All Day UV moisturizer (SPF 15) for Combo/Oily skin, paying much attention to my forehead. Then on goes the makeup.

I'm 26, and haven't gotten any wrinkles yet, but wouldn't be opposed to preemptive treatment. I'm also a mom of 2 under 4, so low maintenance skincare would be optimal for me, but if I need to devote some time into my skincare to have the skin I desire than I'll just have to make the time.

Thank you!! :D
My perfect foundation:
2 Olive:2 Warm Gold: 1 Tinted Blur: 2 Angel: 1 Halo: 26 Original Ivory
JenW

Re: Looking for new skincare regimen with SN

Post by JenW » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:51 pm

Christina1121 wrote:I'm looking to establish a great skin care regimen using SN, but I have no idea where to start.

I'm nursing, and will be for at least another 2 years, so anything I use needs to be breastfeeding mama safe.

My skin is pretty dry on my forehead, and my skin is oily everywhere overall. I'm pretty sure I have an overall dryness problem as my face feels so tight when I get out of the shower, or when I wash it - with my face overcompensating with the production of oil.

I have fairly large pores, and any acne I get usually comes in the form of black heads. Especially on my chin, cheeks and nose area. I would love for those to be a thing on the past.

Did I say I have a oil problem? I can't go a full day without needing blotting papers or just being ultra reflective on my forehead and chin.

My skin tone is a bit uneven, with splotchy redness, especially around my nose. Overall I have found my skin to be quite reactive - not really sensitive, but becomes red easily in the heat, or cold, or when touched... if that makes sense.

As of right now, I wash my face with a scrub every/every other morning. I find I need to exfoliate that often because my skin on my forehead peels - but maybe I'm doing more harm than good?

I honestly usually sleep in my MMU. I wash with Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminating Daily Scrub (2% SA). Then I use Neutrogena Clear Pore Oil Eliminating Astringent (2% SA) (scrubbing my cheeks, and forehead) then moisturize with Olay Complete All Day UV moisturizer (SPF 15) for Combo/Oily skin, paying much attention to my forehead. Then on goes the makeup.

I'm 26, and haven't gotten any wrinkles yet, but wouldn't be opposed to preemptive treatment. I'm also a mom of 2 under 4, so low maintenance skincare would be optimal for me, but if I need to devote some time into my skincare to have the skin I desire than I'll just have to make the time.

Thank you!! :D
I think you might want to just add in a few serums if the cleanser and other items are working for you other than the oil. I don't ever recommend starting completely over unless there are serious issues. Try Mama's Helper and possibly the Oatmeal Serum. Put the Mama's Helper on first, then layer with Oatmeal Serum before you put on the moisturizer.

*note that I edited this.....I don't recommend the Botanical Hydration Serum for pregnancy, which means I would err on the side of caution for breast feeding.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
Christina1121

Post by Christina1121 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:25 pm

I'll definitely try those!

It's not that what I'm doing now isn't working, it's just not working very well. Usually I have no visible blemishes on my face, but lately my cheeks and chin are breaking out with tons of blackheads. Which is why I started the blackhead scrub a couple of months ago (I used a regular face wash before). Haven't seen much difference.
Last edited by Christina1121 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My perfect foundation:
Christina1121

Post by Christina1121 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:27 pm

But is the BHS breastfeeding safe?
My perfect foundation:
JenW

Post by JenW » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:47 pm

Christina1121 wrote:But is the BHS breastfeeding safe?
I am editing my other post because of the beta glucans in it for not using it during pregnancy. All of the info I read on it is more about ingestion of that ingredient, but let's err on the side of caution for nursing since there are a few other options available.

Try the Oatmeal Serum or Green Tea & Aloe Serum in its place.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com