Valentine's Day is Live!!!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
karen
Site Admin

Valentine's Day is Live!!!

Post by karen » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:34 pm

Valentine's is live!!! The coupon code is lovesn13 for a 5% discount on your order. The headliner is we cloned the Naked Basics Palette- really, it's only 3 new colors- with Latent being my favorite. It's so pretty, and versatile. To go with those I made a few near neutrals to kind of pep things up a bit. Check out Selenium- it's neat, and versatile. Chrome is super fun too.

We also have 5 new liquid glosses, and in new packaging. The new brush tubes are wonderful! Yes, it's a little bit on the big side- you get almost 11 ml of gloss, with a great brush applicator. The gloss just glides on. You might not use up a whole tube, but a dollar or two worth of wasted gloss is worth the better packaging IMHO. The brush is just sooo much nicer than the doe-foot.

While I was at it I changed the flavor just a little. The vanilla is more pronounced, and sweeter- Jen's daughter thinks it smells like a cupcake. And there's a new cooler pink ALG. I owe you a red ALG too, but there was a catastrophe at the last minute that kept it off the site for now.

The much requested roller balls are back too, and there's 5 new flavors of caffeinated lip balms!

The cream shadows...you wanted them, and I really wanted to make them. I did make them. I worked and worked, and worked at it, and it was just a massive fail. In the 70+ different things I tried there were maybe 3 colors I sorta liked. Mattes were a bust- just terrible looking, the pearls accented every single line- it was just a mess.

What I came up with just wasn't something I felt was worth your time, and money. I haven't scrapped it completely, but there needs to be somewhat of a different solution- I don't know what that is, or if I'll find it, but I know deep down that the formula I had just wasn't "it".

And we have a new coupon code!! It's lovesn13 and that will get you 5% off your order through Valentine's Day. The Post Office has raised their rates again- I haven't looked at them closely, but there's a possibility that shipping prices may go up again. So- stock up now!

I hope you have a fun, wonderful Valentine's Day, and as always THANK YOU for being so incredible!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
4wheel

Re: Valentine's Day is Live!!!

Post by 4wheel » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:38 pm

Karen, thank you!! My mom lost her DH ( a great step dad) and only brother within 5 weeks apart. Life has been hard and this will make a fun day for me to do a makeover for her to bring some happiness ( if thats possible at this time) I did MK for 10 years a while back and she only wears pink L/S but she always loved a makeover when I did them for her. Those eye colors are awesome you did. Oh, and the med pink ALG...wow!! Thanks again so much! :)
BE the Light - Shimmer and Shine!
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:17 pm

Just placed an order :) It's actually my birthday, so what a perfect day to treat myself to some SN goodies! :)
Looking forward to everything, but especially to the new Fast AGL, I've been dying for a pink ALG.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
bellatete

Post by bellatete » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:17 pm

everything looks awesome and i also just placed order!!

BUT: as much as i want to have the reflect lip gloss, i just couldn't bring myself to put it in my shopping cart. i really like the cutesy small SN lip gloss tubes - so handy dandy ;). i also really like doe foot applicators and only had bad experiences with brush applicators in the past (they bend within the tube and then stick out in all possible directions!!). and since i love to collect lippies more than i can ever use up, i definitely prefer smaller packaging over a lot of product going rancid. i would still feel bad for a small tube going bad, but for a big tube... i could not justify :(

sorry for the rant, i still love the new collection!! and thanks karen for creating different flavours for the caffeinated lip balm :D

oh, one more thing: is anything from the valentine's collection limited edition?
bellatete

Post by bellatete » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:21 pm

oopsy, i forgot one more question: on the swatch photo for cameo there are 2 shadows that i couldn't find on the site - grainy and focus. will they come out at a later time?
Heidiv

Post by Heidiv » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:29 pm

Before I order, I wanted to know about the 2 shadows as well. I was thinking I might like focus. I'll wait to hear back before proceeding with the order. (The missing ones are int he swatches that are there when you click on Cameo)

Thanks
Colleen

Post by Colleen » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:44 pm

Everything looks so nice Karen. I do love a discount as well. Thanks for all your hard work.

Happy Birthday Oxana.
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:47 pm

bellatete wrote:everything looks awesome and i also just placed order!!

BUT: as much as i want to have the reflect lip gloss, i just couldn't bring myself to put it in my shopping cart. i really like the cutesy small SN lip gloss tubes - so handy dandy ;). i also really like doe foot applicators and only had bad experiences with brush applicators in the past (they bend within the tube and then stick out in all possible directions!!). and since i love to collect lippies more than i can ever use up, i definitely prefer smaller packaging over a lot of product going rancid. i would still feel bad for a small tube going bad, but for a big tube... i could not justify :(

sorry for the rant, i still love the new collection!! and thanks karen for creating different flavours for the caffeinated lip balm :D

oh, one more thing: is anything from the valentine's collection limited edition?
I wonder if it would be possible to offer the glosses in the old packaging also, so people have a choice. I definitely look forward to checking out the new containers, they looks super nice, but if the older cheaper container were also an option, I would get the other colors that I am not sure about since it is a more affordable way to try them. This time I had to narrow it down and just get 2 of the glosses, instead of pretty much just getting all of the new stuff as usual.

Thank you Colleen! :)
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:04 pm

Eeek! I forgot Grainy and Focus! I've been working from home with a teething (maybe?) baby, and a sick doggy- forgive me. They're live now.

Happy Birthday Oxana! And what a sweet thing to do for your Mom 4Wheel. A little lip gloss isn't going to cure everything, but it's sometimes a nice start.

With the liquids in particular we have to order in a special ingredient in bigger quantities (it's in the ALG's too) so I'd rather do bigger packaging to ensure that we're using it up fast enough rather than waste it, and have to bump up the price of the lippies to cover the waste. The trick for keeping the brush nice is to run it down the side of the container when you're putting it back (so it's folding on itself, and doesn't splay out).

I know the bigger ones aren't quite what you're used to, but they are really pretty, really nice, and I think they're still pretty budget friendly when you consider the organic content. We do take returns on anything you don't like.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:19 pm

amber teething necklaces work wonders Karen! if you get one choose the lightest and most opaque, those are the most effective.