Which moisturizer is right for me?

Catherine.Lynn

Which moisturizer is right for me?

Post by Catherine.Lynn » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:59 pm

I am new to silk naturals and am going to place my first order. However, I have a few questions about what product to use. I used to have oily skin, but after starting menopause my skin has turned quite dry, a little flakey sometimes, and I still get acne on my chin every once in a while (my chin is still oily). My pores are also getting larger because of my skin being dehydrated. I am looking for a moisturizer that will help my dry skin but not cause any more acne. When I had oily skin, I only used moisturizer once or twice a week and it took me a long time to find one that was light enough so that it wouldn't cause more acne. My skin used to be very sensitive. But now, it has calmed down quite a bit and only flares up when I use something really abrasive or heavy.

I was reading thru all of the descriptions for the different moisturizers and have narrowed it down to four. I think that I need to choose between camellia passion fruit, jojoba, raspberry, or firming w/coQ10 & renovage because it has a combination of raspberry & passion fruit & jojoba & it has aloe. What do you think?

I am also going to order the apricot cleansing oil and the super serum for everyday use. I was wondering if I should choose another serum for once or twice per week for special treatments? I know that the hemp serum would be great for my skin type but the smell of any hemp product in the past has given me a headache. So I was thinking of choosing between green tea & aloe, or oil control, or facelift, or awesome sauce? In addition, I need a product for cell turnover and was looking at either the AHA toner or the microdermabrasion. Any thoughts?

I know that I have asked a lot of questions (sorry) and have given as much information as I though relevant. I would really appreciate any information or advise that anyone could share with me! Thank you so much for taking the time to read through my dilemmas and for welcoming me into this wonderful community! I am looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Thanks a million,
Catherine :D
JenW

Re: Which moisturizer is right for me?

Post by JenW » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:07 am

For dry dehydrated skin, I would consider adding a hydrating serum like Green Tea & Aloe Serum or Oatmeal Serum before a moisturizer. All of the moisturizers you narrowed to would be beneficial, but I would lean toward the one with the most actives (the Firming) if your skin agrees with it.

I really suggest trying a few samples.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
Catherine.Lynn

Re: Which moisturizer is right for me?

Post by Catherine.Lynn » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:19 pm

Thank you so much for the wonderful advice! :) I will for sure be ordering samples. I am just so grateful for the samples being available here! It never made much sense to me shelling out hundreds of dollars to "try" a new skin care regimen. Thank goodness for SN's common sense approach to skin care!
Thanks for suggesting the green tea and aloe serum also. I will definitely get a sample of that one!
If anyone else has some words of wisdom that they would be kind enough to share, I would be forever grateful! I really appreciate everything, Thank you -Catherine-