Thoughts on Secret Lippie...

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
JenK

Thoughts on Secret Lippie...

Post by JenK » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:01 pm

Maybe I missed it, but I haven't found any thoughts or swatches of Secret? Just wondering what you all think about it?
bellatete

Re: Thoughts on Secret Lippie...

Post by bellatete » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:51 am

i expected something like a "dusty" cayenne. for some reason i stopped reading the description at "secret is a deep muted brick red" and totally missed the part that says "with a moderate amount of shimmer" :oops: so i was a bit disappointed when i first tried it.
on me, it's similar to bombshell - quite a deep red/wine colour - with fine gold shimmer, which i don't think shows up on the shop swatch.
i also didn't find it as glossy and moisturising as other kisser slickers, so it's more opaque.
i will save this one for when i want a dramatic lip, but it's definitely not an everyday colour for me.
JenK

Post by JenK » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:05 am

bellatete wrote:on me, it's similar to bombshell - quite a deep red/wine colour - with fine gold shimmer, which i don't think shows up on the shop swatch.
Thanks Bellatete. Your reply helped so much. I have bombshell and don't think I could wear it with shimmer. For some reason shimmer ends up all over my face!!! BOLD Red plus shimmer equals crazy lady look for me!! I can wear Hot Blooded b/c it's a muted red with a hint of fine shimmer. I love the Blaze base, but the chuncky shimmer is a mess on me:)
MBlovesSN

Post by MBlovesSN » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:51 pm

I've been thinking about getting this one myself.....surprised to hear it looks more like Bombshell than Hot Blooded. I'm still interested in it though.....does it show up differently on anybody else?
Favorites

Blush: Abstract, Maybe Baby, and Poppy
Eyeshadows: Blanket Fort, Cult, Danny, Latte, and Moss
Lipsticks: All In, Asset, Eternal, Notion, and Syntax
bellatete

Post by bellatete » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:29 am

MB, you are right... i just did a comparison swatch and secret is pretty close to hot blooded.

so sorry, if i caused confusion there!! of course, secret does not have the same depth as bombshell. when i first tried secret, it just felt like that, i.e. too dark for daytime, which is when i wanted to wear it initially. now, i feel a bit silly looking at the swatch :oops:

secret looks almost identical to hot blooded, only that secret is not as glossy shiny, and has that golden sheen to it.

colours on the picture are from left to right:
- secret
- bombshell
- cayenne
- hot blooded
Attachments
secret_comparison.jpg
secret_comparison.jpg (24.97 KiB) Viewed 2871 times