Super Serum or Mama's Helper around the eye area?

Charz

Super Serum or Mama's Helper around the eye area?

Post by Charz » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:03 pm

Is it appropriate to use Super Serum and/or Mama's Helper around the eye area? I use the Cucumber gel as well, but I'd like something a little stronger - my skin is a bit dark and sunken in around that area for some reason.
Autumn

Re: Super Serum or Mama's Helper around the eye area?

Post by Autumn » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:38 am

I just ordered Mama's Helper sample.

I can't use Super Serum (at all) or the SN eye treatment in the eye area. I get blotchy as I have sensitive skin.

I would love to know if others can use Mama's Helpers under the eyes.
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:14 pm

I'm sensitive to Super Serum too, but Mama's Helper didn't cause any reaction. I have discoloration at the corner of my eyes, and I have been applying it there without issues. I can't wait for the full-size, my skin loves it in the morning and evening. I'm very happy about this one, as the only serum I can use, and only occasionally at this point is Facelift and I even react to that. Awesome Sauce made me break out and Super Serum gave me lobster face. Yay for Mama's Helper!
JenW

Post by JenW » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:08 pm

Have you tried on of the general hydrating serum for around your eyes? I would hesitate to use something as strong as Super Serum, but I have had luck with a little Momma's Helper, too. (Love that stuff!)
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
Charz

Post by Charz » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:51 am

Thanks for the responses! I do have a bottle of Green Tea and Aloe but it was definitely breaking me out after a few days of use (I know, it's weird, it's such a gentle serum and yet I don't react to Super Serum or Momma's Helper) so now I'm just using it up on my legs, lol. I'll try a bit of the Momma's Helper around my eyes then.

On a sidenote; Jen, would you recommend I stick with Momma's Helper or try the Awesome Sauce? I'm 23 so I thought the Renovage might be too much, but now I'm wondering if I'm missing out. My skin needs a lot of help - acne prone, scarring, redness, dullness, the lot. I am also rotating with a Super Serum sample at the moment and these two are helping immensely.
JenW

Post by JenW » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:31 pm

Charz wrote: On a sidenote; Jen, would you recommend I stick with Momma's Helper or try the Awesome Sauce? I'm 23 so I thought the Renovage might be too much, but now I'm wondering if I'm missing out. My skin needs a lot of help - acne prone, scarring, redness, dullness, the lot. I am also rotating with a Super Serum sample at the moment and these two are helping immensely.
Yep, I think the Renovage is a little too much for you at this point if the Mamma's Helper works....maybe when you are closer to 30.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
Charz

Post by Charz » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:56 pm

Awesome, thanks Jen. I agree with the other suggestions to rename the Momma's Helper serum to make it clearer that a large range of people can use it - people like me, for example :) It is so nice to have options with SN skincare.