Alternatives for Allure

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
Cupcake

Alternatives for Allure

Post by Cupcake » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:29 am

I'm trying some new colours for me and would like suggestions please. I got a sample of Allure ALG and love the colour. It's not a colour type (peachy) that I've ever really tried. The nearest I've tried to that range of colour is Precious which is pretty but a little too cold and yellow for my colouring. I live in Seedy / Symphony / Dame and favour sheer but deep berry and soft red colours. I was really surprised how soft and flattering Allure looked. The formula doesn't suit me and it's too shiny-glossy on these thin, ageing lips. The formula also feels a little drier than I'd like.

Can you please suggest alternatives to try, if possible in a more moisturising formula? Thankies.

oh p.s. are all the ALG colours as shiny / glossy looking?
Oxana124

Re: Alternatives for Allure

Post by Oxana124 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:26 am

That's funny that you find the ALG formula drying, on me it is the most moisturizing, I even just wear the clear ALG as lib balm.
I find Fanfare to look almost the same on me as Allure, they are both the ALG formula though.
I wonder if maybe Peachy Keen, or Pretty Please might work for you, they are not really the same as Allure though.
What you may want to try is Gleaming layered over something else, maybe some of the ones you already own, to warm them up and give them that golden warmth of Allure.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:48 am

Ooh nice suggestions there, thanks. Yeah, I need an SN balm all year around, a dozen times a day or more. In the winter, I regard the Black Label balms as near medicinal as they are all that keeps my lips from splitting! ;) I usually layer a colour over a balm unless I'm using either a BL colour or a butter cream which are rich enough for summer but now that winter is coming, I need so much balm that colours slide off! Joys of living about 10 meters from the Atlantic ocean and catching the full force of the weather.

I wish I could find a skin balm for night time use that could be a similar nourishing but not smothering kind of restorative anti-weather soother.
kchalbi

Post by kchalbi » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:54 pm

I like Peachy Keen for a sheer wash of a warmer color. Like you, I love Seedy, and also found the formula of Allure to be irritating (not just Allure-the ALG's in general kind of sting for me), though the color is very pretty! I have not tried Gleaming, but just looked at it and have added it to my cart-it looks perfect and I think it'll look great over a lot of colors, including Peachy Keen for something close to Allure (though maybe a bit warmer as Allure seems to have a little of that pink shimmer/flash to it).
kchalbi

Post by kchalbi » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:16 am

I just rediscovered Darling in my arsenal, and it is pretty similar to Allure-but in the KS formula.