New here :) just ordered samples of awesome sauce..

moonshyne

New here :) just ordered samples of awesome sauce..

Post by moonshyne » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:46 pm

Hi everyone, I'm new here and just today ordered 2 samples of awesome sauce. I'm 37 and battling both acne breakouts and preventing wrinkles (plus treating a few that have cropped up)

Over the summer I used Neostrata glycolic acid smoothing lotion
Level 3 and alternated with Roc retinol serum at night. It did wonders for my skin! No breakouts and gave my skin a healthy glow. Here's the thing, recently my skin is rebelling and my pores look huge and wrinkles more pronounced!! I've decided to back off of the glycolic acid/retinol and just use my cleanser and moisturizer. But I'm left with pale skin and hoping that this awesome sauce will give my skin a glow and hopefully help in giving my complexion an overall boost.

How have you liked awesome sauce? I'm *really* hoping it works well for my skin. Especially since the 2 samples were kinda costly (shipping to Canada)

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this product and wonder if anyone else had this happen after using glycolic acid/retinol for awhile. Thanks in advance!

Btw, a little more about me: I'm a mom to 3, a 6 month old baby boy Shane, a nearly 4 year old boy Johnny and nearly 5 year old girl Samantha. Yep, busy and no doubt they're giving me the wrinkles lol. Despite having my hands full I'm trying to make time to take care of my skin now. Having kinda neglected it the last few years I woke up one day last Spring and decided I was aging a lot faster these days (can't even blame sleepless nights--my baby is a great baby and sleeps right through the night) I guess stress combined with a less then great diet and just plain tiredness led my skin to looking its all time worst. The last few months I saw a lot of improvement but I'm kind of bummed out about my skins current appearance but hopefully laying off the glycolic and retinol will improve things ( and hopefully my skin loves awesome sauce) looking forward to getting to know everyone here. ;)
Last edited by moonshyne on Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
catlover

Re: New here :) just ordered samples of awesome sauce..

Post by catlover » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:38 pm

Hi Moonshyne
Welcome! I'm living in Canada as well :)
I have been using awesome sauce for almost 3 months and I really like it. It really seems to brighten my complexion and is quite moisturizing . I can wear it alone without a separate moisturizer most of the time. I think the awesome sauce has helped calm my skin a bit when it does break out. The full size has lasted quite a while, I use it pretty much daily and I still have almost half of it left. Also I think you will like SN'S aha toner which contains lactic acid . Lactic acid is gentler than glycolic acid and is still effective. I have recently started using the aha toner and so far I have noticed a bit of an improvement in my skin's texture. No negative effects so far!
I'm sure the other lovely ladies on the forum will also respond with their experiences and recommendations. ;)
moonshyne

Re: New here :) just ordered samples of awesome sauce..

Post by moonshyne » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:27 am

Thank for the recommendation! I don't have much luck with toners usually (they tend to feel sticky on my skin and break me out) but I think I'll order a sample of it in the near future and try it out. Your right, glycolic acid is pretty strong stuff (if I missed a couple days it stung like crazy putting it on) so lactic acid would probably be a great idea, not too strong but would still get the job done.

Nice to meet you fellow Canadian ;)