Catching up on 2012 releases

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
Cupcake

Catching up on 2012 releases

Post by Cupcake » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:07 pm

Hello all :)

It's nearly my birthday and that means only one thing... There should be a new SN collection due any time soon!!! Much as I'd love to believe it's scheduled just for me ;) :lol: it's the perfect reason to go shopping. That, and getting older requires new makeup to compensate!

Though before we dive into the delights of a new colour collection, I need your help - what have I missed this year that is a must have? I haven't had a parcel all year from anywhere (no money for it) and my last buys here were last years outstanding Fall collection. So I've saved up and am keen to find out what the unmissable products were so far this year.

From all the loveliness that is SN, what were your best buys and recommendations for me to look at? Cheers.
Oxana124

Re: Catching up on 2012 releases

Post by Oxana124 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:22 pm

What kinds of colors do you like/ usually wear?
If you like light pastels for lips, like a milky peach and baby pink, Sweet Pea and Twirl are great. Playful is the same thing but lavender, it is pretty light, but great if you are fair or if you like light colors, and also works well for layering with other lippies to make them lighter and cooler toned.
Hey Baby is another Spring lippie, and it is an awesome nude color. I personally have a problem with nudes being too brown and warm on me, but this is a lovely cool nude that is not too dark.

So did you miss the winter collection as well? I can't remember when that came out.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
Die Marchen

Post by Die Marchen » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:10 pm

I second Hey Baby as a thing to have a look at. Another lip pie I'd recommend to check is Provoke. If Hey Baby is nude and delicate, Provoke is dramatic but wearable. It is an amazing ALG formula, it is opaque, buildable and quite long lasting. I am scandinavian type and it suits me. Imho it is a grown-up color in the best meaning.
Current ratio, Sept. 13: 1 Ebony : 1 Buttery Gold : 15 All Purpose : 5 Ivory : 2 Yellow : 1 Liberty : 1 Beach Bunny
The mix is pale and does't look yellow
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:31 pm

ooh, I LOVE Provoke! I couldn't remember when that one was released, but if you missed it then definitely check it out!

Also, I have not idea when Awesome Sauce came to be, but if that is something you have not tried, it is a HG skin product for me, and I highly recommend it.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:32 pm

Thanks, I haven't tried Awesome Sauce yet but was a dedicated fan of Super Serum and the Vit C options while I could get them.

I'm not so good with the pale milky pastel lips as I've got quite dark pink lips naturally - Seedy is a MLBB and I *live* in Symphony BL lippy. Really keen to hear how you like the newest colours though. Provoke some like a colour from a grown up!!! Drama with a capital D, dahling! 8-)

I've got the exact same skintone as Oxana (I remember from previous forums) but a hint paler, pale blue eyes and what used to be blond hair but is now threatening to go grey and grubby mousey muddy blonde.
Autumn

Post by Autumn » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:41 pm

I love SN skincare. I highly recommend trying the Awesome sauce.

I also recommend trying a sample of Equalizer. It is green in the jar, but I can apply it quite heavy over MMU foundation. It really tones down any redness. It is finely milled so it will look/act as a finishing powder. You can wear it alone (with concealer if needed). Great stuff.

I have not been buying a lot of SN makeup so I can't advise on any new colours that are a must try.

SN skincare is a great investment. If you have redness ever; the Equalizer is fantastic. Better than Unblush.
feyith

Post by feyith » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:57 pm

Equalizer and I can't remember when the Eye Lights were released but you must check out the finish on those!
Ladybug914

Post by Ladybug914 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:46 am

Another vote for Equalizer! It took me awhile to get around to trying it and I wish I had tried it sooner. It is great for my "no make-up" days; it totally evens out my complexion without looking like I am wearing make-up. I add a dusting of Blur and a flick of mascara, and I am ready for to go.

This year I also, for the first time, used up an entire lip color: Swing. It is described as being refined enough for the office, yet casual enough sundresses and flip flops, and it is so true. I wore it all the time (why it is all gone); and I really need to order another one.
Autumn

Post by Autumn » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:39 am

Ladybug914 wrote:Another vote for Equalizer! It took me awhile to get around to trying it and I wish I had tried it sooner. It is great for my "no make-up" days; it totally evens out my complexion without looking like I am wearing make-up. I add a dusting of Blur and a flick of mascara, and I am ready for to go.

This year I also, for the first time, used up an entire lip color: Swing. It is described as being refined enough for the office, yet casual enough sundresses and flip flops, and it is so true. I wore it all the time (why it is all gone); and I really need to order another one.
Just took a look and added to the wishlist. This looks perfect for me.
Die Marchen

Post by Die Marchen » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:32 pm

Of course Equalizer! I also strongly recommend trying this one, forgot it was this year release,now I cannot imagine how could I live without it!
Unblush didn't suit me, but Equalizer successfully fights my redness (I have a lot of, because of this redness I had thought I had pink undertones... but SN skin care and makeup win!)

I put tons of Equalizer before and after foundation, apply it with 3 brushes, sometimes with four: kabuki, concealer brush, crease brush (great for covering spots) and with brush for veils. Once I used it as a highlighter :-) Amazing one!))) At least a sample for some special occasions when you might need special color corrector.
Current ratio, Sept. 13: 1 Ebony : 1 Buttery Gold : 15 All Purpose : 5 Ivory : 2 Yellow : 1 Liberty : 1 Beach Bunny
The mix is pale and does't look yellow