Liquid Foundation

This is the Silk Naturals suggestion box!
Post your color requests, and other wishes here.
fairyfli

Liquid Foundation

Post by fairyfli » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:52 pm

Hey there,
I know that this topic has been brought up alot but I have been learning more and more about makeup and I wish that you all could offer some sort of liquid foundation... I know this is a long shot but I have tried a couple different methods wit powder by just adding water or moisturizer to it right before I put it on but once it dries it seems like it is just sitting on top of my skin. Anyways the reason why I want a liquid is because I have a lot of hair on my face and powder sometimes just seems to enhance it which is not what I want. Anyways just thought I would throw it out there and see if anyone else has other suggestions! thanks so much Karen for all that you do! :)
kchalbi

Re: Liquid Foundation

Post by kchalbi » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:39 pm

Maybe one of the serums like the aloe/green tea or oatmeal would work better?
Simply Me

Post by Simply Me » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:14 pm

I've sprayed my brush with Strawberry Spritz or a hydrosol so that it was just a little damp before I would pick up the powder and its always worked really good.
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:49 pm

Have you tried using those egg shaped sponges, like beauty blender? If you dampen it with something like water, squeeze out excess, and then use it to sort of pat over your foundation, just press it into your face don't rub. That should help give your makeup more of the finish of liquid makeup and remove the excess powder that sticks to the hairs.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
Springfairy

Post by Springfairy » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:07 am

Liquid foundation breaks me out no matter what the brand but wetting a sponge as Oxana recommended works really well. Have you thought about finding a dermatologist who can do a permanent hair removal on your face with laser?
"Everything that is done for us, without us, is not ours."
landmouse

Post by landmouse » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:46 pm

There is an informative YouTube video by EnkoreMakeup here which demonstrates how to apply mineral foundation wet with both a stippling brush and the above-mentioned Beauty Blender. Hope this helps!

Edit: Concerning the powder foundation just sitting on your skin, he also has a 2 part video on facial sprays and how they work, complete with an extremely up-close demonstration on a palette so that you can see the powder's reactions to the different sprays. Here's a link to Part 1, and here is part 2. Based on his descriptions of ingredients, the Strawberry Spritz would probably be an effective refresher spray for your face or for wetting your stipple brush to apply foundation. The Pore Refining Toner *might* function as a setting spray. Perhaps Karen could chime in with her expertise based on the ingredients of Mac Fix+ found here?
Gorgeous

Post by Gorgeous » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:25 pm

I would LOVE a liquid foundation from silk naturals :D I've been looking into the vapour liquid foundation which runs at $48 a bottle. Karen, please start experimenting and create a gorgeous more affordable alternative! I will definitely purchase it! ;) :D I just don't do powder foundation, it's liquid foundation, tinted moisturizer or just some creme concealer on problem areas and a light dusting of powder.
<3 Tash & JoJo
miyu

Post by miyu » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:13 pm

Gorgeous wrote:I've been looking into the vapour liquid foundation which runs at $48 a bottle.
I did the same today! :lol:

But, how about a SN version of RMS Beauty's (Un)Cover Up? It's all natural and seems easier to do than offering a lot of liquid foundation shades. The Uncover Up is offered in 4 shades currently, and I use the lightest as a cream foundation, applied with a kabuki. It sort of blends with your own skintone. Works great and gives good coverage (important! :)). I get up at 5am and was looking for the quickest and easiest make-up routine possible, and this product can also double as a concealer and be dabbed on with your fingers.

The ingredients are simple:
*Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, *Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, *Cera Alba (Beeswax), *Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, *Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopherol (non-GMO), *Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, and may contain: [+/- Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499]

It's a great foundation but also really expensive. A Silk Naturals dupe would be really awesome!
Gorgeous

Post by Gorgeous » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:18 pm

miyu wrote:
Gorgeous wrote:I've been looking into the vapour liquid foundation which runs at $48 a bottle.
I did the same today! :lol:

But, how about a SN version of RMS Beauty's (Un)Cover Up? It's all natural and seems easier to do than offering a lot of liquid foundation shades. The Uncover Up is offered in 4 shades currently, and I use the lightest as a cream foundation, applied with a kabuki. It sort of blends with your own skintone. Works great and gives good coverage (important! :)). I get up at 5am and was looking for the quickest and easiest make-up routine possible, and this product can also double as a concealer and be dabbed on with your fingers.

The ingredients are simple:
*Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, *Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, *Cera Alba (Beeswax), *Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, *Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopherol (non-GMO), *Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, and may contain: [+/- Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499]

It's a great foundation but also really expensive. A Silk Naturals dupe would be really awesome!
I use the rms un-coverup as a concealer :) where ever needed then dust on a light powder. It's gorgeous! I'd love to see a silk naturals version of this as well! (i too use the lightest shade!)
<3 Tash & JoJo
Springfairy

Post by Springfairy » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:52 am

In winter a liquid mineral foundation would be great, my skin gets dry so fast, or a BB cream.
"Everything that is done for us, without us, is not ours."