How Do I find My Foundation Shade&Products?

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
JenW

Re: How Do I find My Foundation Shade&Products?

Post by JenW » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:26 am

I have this thread bookmarked. I know Karen is thinking this one through, and I will try to help as much as possible. Even if we can't go all out with the pics and such, we can certainly try to make the process easier and more clear.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
lcash

Post by lcash » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:17 pm

Yes, Starlight, kitty cats! Go to the chit chat section of the forum and you'll see that many of us are catlovers - with two kitten rescues in progress! It's really great to be able to find out about the girls on the forum. Check it out and jump in! ;) Lauren
packgal

Post by packgal » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:25 pm

i just want to compliment jen, karen, and SN as a whole when it comes to listening to customer input and applying it in smart, sensible ways. in that arena i don't think you can be beat :) i'm looking forward to what you come up with for the site.
patmatt37

Post by patmatt37 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:01 am

I am new to this site, but not new to MMU. Currently, I wear BE Fairly Light. I would like to know what samples to order to try to find my perfect match!! I think I need medium coverage as I have some redness on my cheeks and a few age spots (aka freckles) near my hairline. I will be waiting to hear from you. I like the idea of mixing to get a good foundation color, BTW.
JenW

Post by JenW » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:52 am

patmatt37 wrote:I am new to this site, but not new to MMU. Currently, I wear BE Fairly Light. I would like to know what samples to order to try to find my perfect match!! I think I need medium coverage as I have some redness on my cheeks and a few age spots (aka freckles) near my hairline. I will be waiting to hear from you. I like the idea of mixing to get a good foundation color, BTW.
Hello, patmatt37!

I happen to have some BE Fairly Light. It is a sample I procured along the way. You will most likely be a Warm Gold, about 1:8 in Medium Coverage (1 scoop Warm Gold: 8 scoops Medium coverage Ivory, but start at 6 Ivory when testing.) You also might want to sample the Ebony base. I do a mix of the two most of the time. The best part of the foundation is that you can easily change it as necessary (make it darker, lighter, more neutral-with the Ebony).

So, for your minimal list:
Sample of Warm Gold
Sample of Ebony
Sample Kit of Ivory Medium Coverage
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
patmatt37

Post by patmatt37 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:26 pm

Thanks so much, Jen. I am off to order your recommendations!