Sometimes, you just need your girls...

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
Xarata

Sometimes, you just need your girls...

Post by Xarata » Mon May 14, 2012 12:22 am

I have issues with my family on FB and them being all up in my space and i don't have a lot of girlfriends IRL, so i was hoping there could be a place- all up in the positive environment of hugs and rainbows (eyeshadows)- where a girl could bitch it out without starting a war. No one needs to respond, but I feel understood and safe with you ladies, so here goes...

-My little sister got engaged a year ago. I offered to make her dress(i have a fashion degree). Over the months I kept sending reminders that I really needed some direction on style/color. Last week she finally gave me a picture- of an assymmetrical ruffled chiffon dress with an embellished corset- and 3 yards of fabric in the wrong color because she didn't take her corset with her to the fabric store. Her wedding is in 2 weeks. She's my sister and she will have her beautiful dress, time be damned, but HOW RUDE!!!

-2 weeks ago I found a scam on my bank account that had managed to chisel out ~$700 over 3 years in $15-$20 monthly increments. Admittedly, I felt stupid/unobservant for not noticing, but boy was I MAD anyway!!!

That was nice. Thanks for "listening". It helps :)
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
frckls

Re: Sometimes, you just need your girls...

Post by frckls » Mon May 14, 2012 1:21 am

Ouch. I feel bad for you Sam. And I know EXACTLY how that feels. I have 2 younger sisters, and the middle one is as ignorant as HELL. God knows how many purses or piece of clothing or shoes or accessories or make up stuff that she has either broken or lost over the years. Plus, she always DENIED every single thing that happened. And the worst thing is, neither me or my youngest sister can ever say no to her. *sigh*

I know that if I'm in your shoes right now, I would yell like crazy to my sissy, bluff that I won't do a single thing, send her out on a frantic search since she only has 2 weeks left.......and finish the most gorgeous dress in 10-days. I know that I can't say no but I really want to teach her a lesson or two. Heheheh.

Good luck, Sam!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Mon May 14, 2012 11:32 am

Holy criminey! Way to wait till the last second sis!
She will be beautiful because she's lucky to have a sister like you. Like her, I have faith in your talent, but it does sound like you have a lot of sleepless nights ahead of you.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Mon May 14, 2012 9:50 pm

Eeeek, that's messed up. But yes, you'll come through for her, because that's who *you* are!
Sorry about that scam, I prolly wouldn't even notice it either, need to tighten down my accounts.

How come no gfs IRL? You sounds such a cool person! Don't worry, they will come: I found my best friends at 29, and they are still around through thick and thin :) Until then (and after too), we're at your service, vent away :)
JenW

Post by JenW » Mon May 14, 2012 10:27 pm

Hang in there, Sam! I know you will make her a gorgeous dress. She is lucky to have you as a sister!
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
zooeyblue

Post by zooeyblue » Thu May 17, 2012 8:57 pm

Hi Sam-- I, too, have faith in your amazing abilities. I also understand about the no gfs IRL. . . my closest gf lives about 3 hours away. I'm friends with people at work, but it's rare to do something together outside of work. You're not the only one. ;)
~Tracy~
ladycattat

Post by ladycattat » Tue May 22, 2012 5:45 pm

How is the dress coming along? I understand about family being up in your face on FB; my mom is always asking me why and who and what I am saying and I sometimes want to just tell her to back the hell off. I understand also the lack of good girlfriends in real life; most of mine live far away, and lately I tell more about my life to friends I've met online, and they are just as precious to me.
Gotta go, but I have faith in you and your enormous talent.......I've seen it first hand!
xx
Laurie
Summer,2012
90 Medium
5 BG
5.5 yellow

HG: Sheer Zinc Powder
and Equalizer
E/S..Spellbound, Adorn, and Juiced,
Lips: Roxie,Kinetic, Fascinate, Glacier, Nice Tan

There cannot be a crisis until next week. My schedule is already full.
Henry Kissinger