Spring Rant & Rave

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
frckls

Spring Rant & Rave

Post by frckls » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:50 am

I guess this will be my first desperation for SN products. Don't get me wrong, SN has never failed me before. I think I just had too high hopes for the lippies. However, my experience is not as expected.

KC formula tug and apply patchy on me. I try to smooth it out with my finger and brush, and none helped much, if at all. I don't understand as it's supposed to be one of the most emollient formula, right? And this NEVER happened to me before in any of my experiences with SN lippies.
Twirl and Joy, although not peachy at all on me (Note: NOT SN's fault. I spent 2 whole hours trying on about TWENTY lipsticks, from MAC to Guerlain to Clarins to Dior, in De Bijenkorf, a Dutch high-end dept store, to find my perfect peachy shade, TO NO AVAIL. Everything screams pink on me.), are the nicest pink shades I've ever tried on (as well as Azalea of course :mrgreen: ). With Trixie underneath, I've got the best coral shade EVER.
I have to note though, that my lips succumbed into another period of dried patchy wrinkly state. However, ALG and KS apply the same and fix my lips at the same time. BC comes at close second. I guess I'll just stick to my trusted Darling for the rest of my life. I will kill myself if SN ever discontinues it.

Trixie is another story. Although it is not in this spring collection, it turns ALL of my lippies into the perfect spring/summer shade, I wanna die. And recalling Pantone names Tangerine Tango as the color of the year, Trixie holds the crown.

Beach Bum? BRILLIANT. I especially like the peachy color (of course). I'm a pressing freak, but even I know better not to bother mixing it with anything because the glow, THE GLOW, is just PERFECT! That's how I've always imagined a highlighter would be.

Specimen came before the spring collection as a GWP, I think it's after valentine, but it's crazy gorgeous. What's with that off-white with the most amazing bluish-greenish-gold sheen??? I truly wish Karen would make this permanent.

Matte Light is nice. I really like the sheen, but I only have Driftwood so I can't judge. Also, it turns very mauve-plum on my hand. Funny. But on my eyes it's super gorgeous. I've always wanted to get MAC Omega, but I don't think I need that anymore. :D

I hope none in the SN team would get offended by this. I just need to let off the steam heheheh. I've always loved SN and always will. All I wanted is for SN to flourish and get lots of respect and appreciation.
Oxana124

Re: Spring Rant & Rave

Post by Oxana124 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:22 am

I hope it is ok to post my feedback here too on the new lippie formula.
First of all the colors are just perfect, exactly what I have been waiting for, could not be more happy about those. If they were in the ALG formula I would die of happiness.
The Kisser Cream formula feels amazing in terms of being buttery and moisturizing. However, I did notice a little of that patchy effect you mention frckls, I find that if I layer enough of the product though it fixes this issue. But one other thing I notice is that the KCs don't last as long on me as my ALGs. The KC formula makes a good glossy lip balm, but in terms of lipsticks, they just don't last long enough.
But I still like them and wear them very often, because like I said above these are the most perfect colors for me!
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
tardis

Post by tardis » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:40 am

I'm afraid I've found the same patchy application with the Kissable Cremes too. If I apply enough to distribute it evenly, it just pools up on my inner lip. I didn't have a problem with the Hey Baby GWP and Swing seems okay because it's so sheer but as much as I love the Joy and Twirl colors, it takes a lot of work to make them look good. They just don't have that effortless application and appearance that the Kisser Slickers and the Amplifying Lip Glazes do.

Oh, and my lips are very healthy right now so no dry skin issues. It's like night and day with my KS/ALG favorites.
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:47 am

I do not have that problem? P.S. I've been waiting for twirl for years! So happy to have it
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
JenW

Post by JenW » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:46 am

I have one question.....those with issues of the patching. Do you have pigmented lips to begin with? Just curious because while I like the formula (similar story that I love Hey Baby and Swing) the lighter shades look funny and uneven on me, too. I think it has everything to do with the color of my lips being so much deeper than the lip shades, though.

(I think that is Precious on me in my avatar, and if you have it, you know it is very sheer.)
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
kchalbi

Post by kchalbi » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:06 pm

I didn't like the new formula as much either-in the shades I purchased anyways. I did have the Hey Baby gwp, but that seemed much creamier for some reason? The colors also pulled very cool on me, but that isn't anything new for me. I think a more pigmented or maybe more opaque version of peachy keen would be perfect...maybe for fall? :D I have Dixie and like it, but will check out Trixie for warming up some of these lippies that aren't quite what I was hoping for.
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:56 pm

I should have added that the patchiness issues I only have with a few colors, the lightest ones, Playful, Twirl, and Sweet Pea. I think it is exactly what you said Jen, since they are moderate coverage and not opaque like a lipstick, pigmented lips will show though them. Especially since they are such a soft texture, they grab on to certain part of the lips first. This is also probably why I just apply several coats, and once there is enough product on my lips it becomes opaque enough and the patchiness issues goes away. I would say my lips are moderately pigmented.
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:58 pm

Xarata wrote:I do not have that problem? P.S. I've been waiting for twirl for years! So happy to have it
I agree about Twirl, it is the most gorgeous color!
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:12 pm

The patchiness happens for me too, unfortunately, on all three colors I got: Twirls, Joy and Flaunt. The colors also turn kinda strange pink on me, even Flaunt that's supposed to be warm red, so I have to try the Trixie trick :)
My lips are not perfect, but the KS formula (still my favorite) never caused this, and ALG goes on smoother too. I had problems with the original vegan formula, similar patchiness, I guess maybe my lips don't like anything too soft?

What's strange though is the Hey Baby is just perfect, it's my new favorite nude color trumping Centerfold and going neck to neck with St. Tropez. It's what I was hoping Menage would be. It's not patchy, it's the perfect texture and coverage, even for me pigmented lips. I'll be stocking up to keep one in every purse I owe, just in case :D

I love the peach shade in Beach Bum too, hoping it will be offered permanently. I wore it on top of Amuse or Panache and dust it on my eye lids to pull the look together.

Linen is very pretty, replacing Boom as my base light shadow.

Oh and THANK YOU! for Equalizer. It's making my morning routine so much faster :)
shiny

Post by shiny » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:59 pm

I got Swing and the the Kissable Creme formula feels fantastic! It's my favorite formula for the way it feels. Swing looks great at first, but after awhile the pink fades, leaving the turquoise shimmer behind. Makes my lips look kinda blue. FWIW, my lips are fairly well pigmented.

Can we get a clear version in the KC formula? It just feels sooooo good!