Work Look

feyith

Work Look

Post by feyith » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:15 pm

Hi ladies,

I'm trying to step away from my usual big eyed sparkly pink look. I live/work in a retirement community and my patients don't tend to take people very seriously who look 12... :lol:

So I thought I would give a more grownup look a try.

Blush: Panache, Lips: Lola, Eyes: Mad Scientist Mix...

And just some fun with PhotoShop...

Totally different from my profile avatar, huh? Thanks for looking! :)
JenW

Re: Work Look

Post by JenW » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:46 pm

Very natural looking and BEAUTIFUL! I like it!
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
Maeva

Post by Maeva » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:29 am

Absolutely beautiful!
I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little...you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny. – Coco Chanel
feyith

Post by feyith » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:17 pm

Thank you, ladies! :D

I do have a question: the biggest issue I'm finding with wearing makeup to work is mascara; I get funny raccoon looking dark circles from it melting/running down under my eyes by the end of the day, even with waterproof. Any advice?
Maeva

Post by Maeva » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:14 pm

feyith wrote:Thank you, ladies! :D

I do have a question: the biggest issue I'm finding with wearing makeup to work is mascara; I get funny raccoon looking dark circles from it melting/running down under my eyes by the end of the day, even with waterproof. Any advice?
I have used Roux Lash and Brow Tint on my lashes in the past, but my lashes are not black to begin with. Though I have not experienced a problem, I am not sure it is very healthy for your lashes and eyes (perhaps Karen would know).
I guess it depends on what you need mascara to do. I have long straight brown lashes. For daytime I need the thinnest film of mascara mostly to "set" my lashes after I curl them, because curling them makes them frame my eye; the slightly deeper color is a bonus. If this is what you need, and your lashes are black, try a colorless or transparent formula.
For evening, my black eyeliner IS my mascara :D
I use SN mascara and love it--no smudging.

ps. Lola looks fab on you...in my cart it goes!
I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little...you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny. – Coco Chanel
feyith

Post by feyith » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:33 pm

Oh, that's so smart! I didn't even know they MAKE clear mascara. I'll have to check that out. Thanks, Maeva!

And happy to enable. :mrgreen: I'm betting Lola will be GORGEOUS on you.
robinbird_22

Post by robinbird_22 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:25 pm

feyith wrote:Oh, that's so smart! I didn't even know they MAKE clear mascara. I'll have to check that out. Thanks, Maeva!

And happy to enable. :mrgreen: I'm betting Lola will be GORGEOUS on you.
Emma, ELF makes a clear mascara/brow gel that you should be able to find at Target. I bought two for a friend who wears clear mascara and admitted to keeping her mascara for YEARS. :o Now she has a year's worth for $2. :lol:
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:17 pm

Maeva wrote:
feyith wrote: I have used Roux Lash and Brow Tint on my lashes in the past, but my lashes are not black to begin with. Though I have not experienced a problem, I am not sure it is very healthy for your lashes and eyes (perhaps Karen would know).
Yeah, I would like to know too. I tint my lashes out of a box or at the salon, and I would like to do it more often to shave off even more time from the morning routine. My lashes are pretty long now, thanks to the SN lash gel, but white at the tip, so need a bit of coloring. Doing it every 3-4 weeks can't be all that bad?

Oh and Emma, you look absolutely gorgeous! I must dig up Lola again too :)
JenK

Post by JenK » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:54 am

Emma,

You Look great!!! I know what you are going through w/ people treating you differently and not taking you as seriously as they should b/c they think you are younger. There are times I still let it get to me. I now say things like, "Actually, I am 39. Some people age better than others". or if they are really icky, "Guess I have better genes than you". There have been times at the Docs where they don't seem to realize how old I am and I have to stress the point for certain tests!! I am lucky enough that I don't have to dress up for work, so I think that too effects peoples idea of my age.

As for the mascara problems, I have that too. SN's use to work for me, but since I started using SN's eye serum w/ oils I am getting transfer. I did try Covergirls clear mascara years ago and ended up w/ white flakes durning the day...just awful looking. I was at Target last night (buying a George Foreman grill!!!!!) and grabbed the ELF clear (only a 1$). SO far so good!!

I so need LOLA!!
rfnandkcn

Post by rfnandkcn » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:49 pm

You are absolutely gorgeous!