Work Look

feyith

Re: Work Look

Post by feyith » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:48 pm

Thank you so much, all! :D I decided to give the clear mascara a try. It holds my lashes curled but I think my eyes look a little bit naked without the extra length/volume. Maybe it's just my cheap phone doesn't pick up fine details around the lash line; also my new contacts are too big for my head. Definitely can't wear those to work. :lol: Lips is Reaction layered with Hey Baby.

Last edited by feyith on Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tardis

Post by tardis » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:15 pm

:o Where did you get that Batman hoodie? I love it! I must find one.
feyith

Post by feyith » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:55 pm

Thanks, Tardis. I found it at Hot Topic around Christmas time last year and it is the warmest, coziest, bestest hoodie evar!!! :mrgreen:

I've been trying to get another one for my sister but some jerk seems to have bought ALL of them and is selling them on eBay for 4x as much. :evil:
cclee00

Post by cclee00 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:10 pm

Man, I can't even imagine NOT wearing mascara. It's one of the "non-negotiables" for me when it comes to my makeup. I feel naked without it. I always want dramatic mascara, too - to quote a favorite beauty blog, "Go drag or go home!" After years of trying many different mascaras and formulas, I'm finally happy with Tarte's Lights, camera, lashes.

Covergirl makes a couple of decent mascaras, but as indie makeup junkies I feel compelled to point out that the company gets a grade of "F" from the book "Better World Business." (An interesting little reference guide, that. Companies are graded based on human rights, the environment, animal protection, community involvement, and social justice.) It's named as a corporate villain for trade in Burma (Myanmar, mob etc), millions of dollars to lobbyists, and the continuation of lots of unnecessary animal testing. Just if you care to know about such things.

Revlon does good makeup, so does Rimmel, I believe. I was usually pretty happy with Maybelline mascaras, and they have probably ten to choose from, at least!
Caroline

Makeup junkie extraordinaire and geek
tardis

Post by tardis » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:02 am

feyith wrote:Thanks, Tardis. I found it at Hot Topic around Christmas time last year and it is the warmest, coziest, bestest hoodie evar!!! :mrgreen:

I've been trying to get another one for my sister but some jerk seems to have bought ALL of them and is selling them on eBay for 4x as much. :evil:
Ouch, yeah. Might have to find myself a regular Batman hoodie and sew on a couple of ears... :geek:
Springfairy

Post by Springfairy » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:12 pm

Re mascara, I don't know how the SN one is as it has parabene and I try to stay away from products with parabene but the reviews seem to be good. Having tested many natural/organic brands I wasn't really impressed with any of them (fallouts, smudging, bad applicators) until I tried a German drugstore's (Drogerie Markt) green make-up brand, Alverde. They have all kinds of mascara, clear, extra volume, false lashes, etc. no smudges whatsoever and no eye irritation. Unfortunately you can only buy the brand in a few European countries where this drugstore has shops. So I'm secretly hoping that SN will create their own mascara parabene free (lots of colours please!) :D
"Everything that is done for us, without us, is not ours."
feyith

Post by feyith » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:37 am

Lola layered with Burt's Bees Champagne

feyith

Post by feyith » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:38 am

Going back to my favorite staple: Winter Rose - I love how diverse this color is!

feyith

Post by feyith » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:18 am

Okay, two things!!!

My favorite lip color combination: Lola layered with Playful.

And more importantly: Hot Topic has the Batman hoodies back in stock AND they are having an inventory wide BOGO!!!

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/PopCul ... 187483.jsp