Discontinued Lippies

This is the Silk Naturals suggestion box!
Post your color requests, and other wishes here.
trixiejim

Discontinued Lippies

Post by trixiejim » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:17 am

So I bought some of the lippies that are being discontinued, and of course, they became some of my favorite colors :( Please reconsider discontinuing Very Berry and Whirlwind. Very Berry is the absolute PERFECT pink...not too light; not too dark. And whirlwind looks completely different than the swatches on your website. It is a STUNNING color! Not dark; not light...just perfect.
tardis

Re: Discontinued Lippies

Post by tardis » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:26 am

Unfortunately, I'm not sure there's anything for Karen to reconsider. If there's a supply issue, they just can't continue making them.

For Very Berry, have you tried Pout, Delacoeur, Carnation, Creampuff, Innocent, Heirloom, Reaction, or Winter Rose. All light pinks that are on the cool side. Whirlwind is a little trickier but Eden is in the vicinity. Engage for a cooler version?

The only other thing you can do is order a backup or two and stick them in the fridge. I've got extra tubes of Mimosa and Peace chilling in there right now. That'll keep me set for almost two years if I use them conservatively. And I'm sure, by then, I'll have new favorites. Karen always delivers with her collections. :)
Aden

Post by Aden » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:21 am

Any chance Autumn Ember can ever make a comeback? I received this recently in a swap, and cannot believe how incredibly beautiful it is! It's just perfect for a fall / winter lip, and suits me like no other lippie I have tried (and I have nearly all the SN browns / reds / peaches). Please, please, please can we have this back again? :D
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:06 am

I think with most of the discontinued lippies it was because the supplier discontinued a pigment that was used to make them. So I do not think they can ever be made the exact same way. But if everyone is hugely missing a color, maybe Karen could make something really similar.
You could also try asking on the swap thread for the colors, maybe someone's got one they don't need and it can hold you over for a while. I know I usually have favorites I get attached to, but then the new season collection comes out, and all of a sudden I've got a whole new set of favorites :)
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:59 pm

Ugh...yes, unfortunately we've had a few suppliers discontinue quite a few pigments. I really dislike discontinuing colors- it's really disappointing to that color's fans, and kind of a waste of the work that it takes to make them and put them on the site in the first place.

I keep looking for alternate pigments...but do keep finding new ones that are kind of exciting too. So hopefully you'll find something new to fall in love with.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Aden

Post by Aden » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:04 pm

Thannks for the replies. I guessed that was the case but thought it was worth the ask. Sometimes you never know if it is a supplier problem, or just a weak seller that needs to go to make room for more colors.

Sure, I may find another favorite in the future, but for now Autum Ember is IT! If you can ever dupe it Karen that would be so great - it has an amazing subtle gold shimmer to it that i've never seen or liked before.
shiny

Post by shiny » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:26 pm

Aden, I second the suggestion to try Eden for Whirlwind. They are very similar.

Haven't found a perfect substitute for Very Berry. Maybe Sweetheart? Or one of the bright cool pinks from the new collection?