Swatch Gallery-

Trainer

Re: Jen's Swatch Gallery

Post by Trainer » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:42 am

Xarata wrote:
Organic Lipstick.jpg
LG-Bitten.JPG
Xarata,
Thanks for the swatches! You're lucky you got your stuff already! I should get mine tomorrow. Can you describe bitten? I can't wait to try mine. Is it very red and glossy? Is it a casual day color? Also can you compare Mirage to negligee? I love nudes but I am wondering if there is enough of a difference between them to get negligee. Could you also describe swank? I want to get it but I'm wondering what it is like, it looks really nice in your picture. Lastly, is XXX too pale to wear by itself?

Thanks for your imput!

PS Have you gotten the new e/s yet? Are they awesome? :D
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:50 pm

Trainer wrote:Xarata,
Thanks for the swatches! You're lucky you got your stuff already! I should get mine tomorrow. Can you describe bitten? I can't wait to try mine. Is it very red and glossy? Is it a casual day color? Also can you compare Mirage to negligee? I love nudes but I am wondering if there is enough of a difference between them to get negligee. Could you also describe swank? I want to get it but I'm wondering what it is like, it looks really nice in your picture. Lastly, is XXX too pale to wear by itself?

Thanks for your imput!

PS Have you gotten the new e/s yet? Are they awesome?
Bitten is a very popsicle color- true deep red. It's not as glossy as most of the kisser slickers- if you're pale, like me, it's not really an all the time color.

Mirage and Negligee are quite different, mirage and divine are both fairly true nudes with a hint of pink and tan, negligee is decidely more brown with more opaque coverage. if you don't like brownish/tannish lipsticks, i recommend cultured (pink nude) over negligee (brownie nude)

Swank is a fairly sheer grayish black with subtle sparkle- it's more glossy than the other lipsticks. for me, it cooled down my lipcolor to a more plummy mauve tone and was very wearable on its own. It was designed- at least partially- for layering, to darken other lip colors the way sparkle lightens them. I haven't played with layering it just yet as i only got them yesterday.

XXX is a true washout nude. It's a little pale but would be great if you want to do a really dramatic eye or are having a nudey day. My lips are fairly dark, so i need shades like XXX to tone them down in relation to the rest of my makeup. It's also good for the sheerer shades that don't really show up on darker lips, you can lighten your lips with XXX and then apply the shade you want over it to get a better color rather than having 10 lipglosses that all come out "my lips but darker/redder"

I do have all the new shadows and yes, they are absolutely beautiful and very very wearable or "SFW" Safe for work as Karen puts it. Today I'm wearing Tawny and Burnished and am very happy with the combo
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
Trainer

Post by Trainer » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:32 pm

Thank you Xarata! Your descriptions were very helpful. :D
JenW

Post by JenW » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:19 pm

Just a warning....I may be editing this thread down when I add new swatch pics. I will keep all of the swatches in, but it is getting kind of long.......
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:01 pm

JenW wrote:Just a warning....I may be editing this thread down when I add new swatch pics. I will keep all of the swatches in, but it is getting kind of long.......
That'd be great, Jen, if it was just swatch photos. Maybe we could have a second thread just for questions to keep it separate but simple. (Sorry for adding one more post to the delete list).
JenW

Post by JenW » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:02 pm

Cupcake wrote:
JenW wrote:Just a warning....I may be editing this thread down when I add new swatch pics. I will keep all of the swatches in, but it is getting kind of long.......
That'd be great, Jen, if it was just swatch photos. Maybe we could have a second thread just for questions to keep it separate but simple.
That is exactly what I was thinking............ :D
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
extemter

swatch of Promise? (special 24K gold lipgloss)

Post by extemter » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:47 pm

Does anybody have a swatch of Promise, this year's special 24K gold lipgloss benefiting the Susan G. Komen Foundation?
Last year we made a very super special lip gloss for Breast Cancer awareness month, and it was such a runaway success I *knew* we needed to do it again. I spent a good chunk of the year trying new formulas, trying to top myself- and I pulled-out all the stops. Then I went to order gold, and only managed to get my hands on a small bit of edible gold leaf- so this one is an ultra-super limited edition run. We only have enough to make 75 tubes, and they're first-come, first serve.

This year's color is Promise. It's a lovely gorgeous flattering shade of pink with a true golden sparkle- made with 24K edible gold leaf. Right in the gloss! This color is universally flattering...when we had our open house I tried it on just about everyone who came, and it really and truly looked great. On a pale girl, like me, it's a nice daytime pinkish color, on deeper skin tones it's a your lips but more glamorous shade.

The 24K gold is just one of the super premium ingredients we used. This is truly the world's most expensive lipstick formula- and it's 100% vegan. We're one of the few companies that can even make this because our small size lets us get our hands on some extra special, precious oils. It's so full of vitamins, minerals, and phytosterols- we should probably just eat it on toast. Moisturizing? Oh yes...cranberry seed oil is the most moisturizing oil on the planet, and when you combine it with all of the other oils your lips are in for a treat like none other.

Half of the purchase price goes to benefit the Susan Komen foundation to help support breast cancer research.

Ingredients: Certified Organic Castor, and Jojoba oils, avocado oil, candelilla wax, shea butter, cranberry, raspberry passionfruit, blackberry, rosehip seed, blueberry, kiwi, grapeseed, pomegranate seed oils, carnauba wax. Also contains: mica, iron oxides, titanium dioxide, gold
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:29 pm

lipswatch of promise
lipswatch of promise
BL-promise.JPG (22.41 KiB) Viewed 30228 times
This is the color blotted on tissue- sort of a nice peachy pink shade- more pink but the gold leans it peach
This is the color blotted on tissue- sort of a nice peachy pink shade- more pink but the gold leans it peach
promise blot.JPG (27.93 KiB) Viewed 30229 times
Last edited by Xarata on Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Samantha

Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:23 pm

Thanks a lot, Sam! I only just saw this available today. Is this anything like Mirabelle / Tender? I'm thinking it's got some warmth to it. It don't suit colours which are any further into warm peach / orange / tan or brown. Your guidance would be appreciated!
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:49 pm

Cupcake wrote:Thanks a lot, Sam! I only just saw this available today. Is this anything like Mirabelle / Tender? I'm thinking it's got some warmth to it. It don't suit colours which are any further into warm peach / orange / tan or brown. Your guidance would be appreciated!
It's more pink than either of them and more opaque than tender. Kind of a cool/neutral pink base with warm gold sheen/sparkle, very much a mlbb pinky tone- i think it will look good on any skin tone, like it says. It's really very similar to tender, just a hair pinker and definitely more intense. mirabelle leans orange, tender leans brown, promise is mostly pink with subtle gold sparkle that adds depth in different lighting.
Samantha