Interesting article on wax

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
Springfairy

Interesting article on wax

Post by Springfairy » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:48 pm

This article came from a friend in a newsletter she subscribes to as she thought it could be an answer to my dry skin problem and allergies. She gave me some samples but they did not solve the dry skin problem. It seems that SN skincare does not include the ingredients in the list which was instrumental in placing my first order after spending loads of money on products used by my beauticians with no visible results apart from drier and drier skin and some rashes. I'm just learning about skincare leaving it to beauticians for years, so I'd really appreciate your opinion on what's in this article. Thanks a lot!
JenW

Re: Interesting article on wax

Post by JenW » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:00 pm

I just skimmed it, but we kind of do what it recommends and have been ever since we launched our skincare line. We recommend adding hydration/moisture to the skin apart from a traditional moisturizer. We do have a few moisturizers that have some kind of emulsifier, but most are a gel or cellulose formulation that does not use wax. We like to seal moisture into the skin by using a skin friendly oil rather than a wax.

We do have products that use wax like lip gloss and brow wax, or eye liner, but wax is needed there for texture. Also, there are only a few select waxes that we use.

I am sorry that I had to edit out the link as they sell competing products.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
Springfairy

Re: Interesting article on wax

Post by Springfairy » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:08 pm

Hi Jen,

Thank you for the fast reply. Sorry about the link, I didn't post it with the intent to promote their products (what I tried didn't work for me) but of course I understand why you edited it out. Nota bene for the future. :) What you wrote is a bit of an 'aha' moment and the article makes more sense now. Wax in makeup is not an issue imo as the product should stay on the surface of the skin.