Pure Silk Powder

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
Lalama

Pure Silk Powder

Post by Lalama » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:05 pm

Hi ladies, I am just curious if anyone uses the pure silk powder and if so how do you like it/what do you mainly use it for?
Cupcake

Re: Pure Silk Powder

Post by Cupcake » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:29 am

I do. I find it very helpful for skin conditioning and healing. Thankfully I've got good balanced skin now but when I first came here, I was a mess. When I switched from the brand I used before, I had the worst breakouts of my life. You could hardly see skin for angry red inflammation, cystic acne and open wounds. The scarring took several months to fade. You could say it was the mother of all purges! I dusted the pure silk powder over the worst areas and it was soothing. Redness diminished noticeably in a couple days (rather than weeks as usual) and after several months, all the scarring had gone without leaving any marks. From that point on, I realised how effective it was at helping to settle and soothe sore skin and I regularly used it dusted on as a primer on bare skin.
ChristineLynnP

Post by ChristineLynnP » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:12 am

I've tried pure silk powder but for some reason I find it slightly irritating on it's own. I make my own homemade primer/finishing powder (it does double duty!) and I use lots of silk powder in it. It works like a dream.
Check us out on etsy: www.titanweave.etsy.com
Maeva

Post by Maeva » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:16 am

I like it. It has a very light fine texture and finish in addition to being soothing and nourishing.
I prefer The Ultimate Luxury Powder (which contains silk) to the pure silk because it does everything the silk does and then some. You may want to sample both.
I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little...you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny. – Coco Chanel
Lalama

Post by Lalama » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:18 pm

Thanks for the helpful input! I was thinking along the terms of using it for healing properties since it has amino acids in it which would help with some acne spots. The vitamin c-peptide serum is really helping with that, but I thought an additional layer of primer that's healing couldn't hurt either. I am going to try a sample of it along with the ultimate luxary powder :)