New Kid on the Block

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
frckls

New Kid on the Block

Post by frckls » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:46 pm

....in the highlighter/glow section. Welcome Adorn.

I got hooked because of Aud's post in her blog. Started off using this as one wash eyelid color. Too much, I looked like a drag queen (my skin tone is light medium-medium golden).
Then tried patting it sheerly on my eyelids near the lash line and smudge it a bit at the inner-corner and inner-waterline. PERFECT. I look totally fresh and awake without too many color and the color looks enticing and intriguing at the same time form the violet flashing.

Then, just tonight, I tried applying Adorn along the bridge of my nose, cupid's bow, upper cheek bones towards the temples and brow bones. OMG it's the perfect super subtle highlighter!! When the light hits it right I looked dewy and healthy in a good way without looking like a disco-ball.

Very, very handy in this dreary dull winter days.
Cupcake

Re: New Kid on the Block

Post by Cupcake » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:00 pm

Wow, that's initiative! Wouldn't have thought to try that. I like fairy dust for the same reason, hint of green that softens a weather-beaten red flush on a very pale complexion. Good tip, Frckls.

I can't get enough of the iridescent shimmers. They're amazing as eyeliner (like you just noted) with just a plain black mascara for a soft but playful look on low maintenance days. Might not be my most polished look, but it's my favourite. :D
kookith

Re: New Kid on the Block

Post by kookith » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:16 pm

I love Adorn too. I wear it as a one-wash on my entire lid and I look fresh and natural and very presentable... it's as if I rolled out of bed looking fabulous :P I'm going to try your suggestion to see if it works as a highlighter for me.

And as for the tip on Fairy Dust, thank you!!! That's such an innovative idea! I have to try that, never thought it could work this way before. Thanks cupcake!
Who says a chick can't love make up and World of Warcraft at the same time? :D

http://kookith.wordpress.com/
http://megsmakeup.com/aff/11035/4