Ivory Powder on an Airplane??

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
zigster08

Ivory Powder on an Airplane??

Post by zigster08 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:25 pm

Hi Everyone!

I'm traveling abroad tomorrow and of course, I want to take my silk naturals with me. The only thing I am worried about is that I feel like the Ivory foundation looks a lot like a drug ha ha, especially in the ziploc bag. I don't want to be harassed at security and have them think that I'm smuggling drugs or anything, lol . Any suggestions? Experiences? I would prefer to take it on the plane with me. Thanks!!
Xarata

Re: Ivory Powder on an Airplane??

Post by Xarata » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:20 am

honestly, they're probably not going to go through your bag. Your powders are going to x-rayed, but that's about it.

My last name was on a list of "Security Search Selection" for years, my plane tickets printed out with an SSS on them marking me to be wanded from the get-go. I do pack light and I am security friendly because i used to fly a lot (I wear slip-on shoes, sweatpants, and no underwire, and bring 1 tote sized carry on. The shoes are off and bag is good to go. More people need to learn to travel like that.) I've taken hermit crabs and cookies through security, and makeup bags too.

Granted, I keep my makeup in a jar which has a sifter and label on it. Unless you pack it in the gallon ziplock with your liquids, or get pulled aside to be searched more thoroughly, they're not even going to open your bag to see that there's a ziplock of white powder in there. The scanner is looking for weapons and explosives. I'm honestly not sure what the air-sampler thing is looking for. Even when they do go through my stuff, they don't usually pull everything out. If it makes you feel more comfortable, pack it in an obvious makeup jar, but I wouldn't worry overmuch about it.
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:35 pm

I fly a lot too, even overseas and it was never an issue. I have had my foundation and other powders in the mini ziplocks and in the containers too. At one point, I even had zinc powder directly in my purse too, and never any issue. To be on the safe side, you may want to use the containers and keep them all together. But really, I wouldn't worry much :)
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:42 pm

There isn't much I haven't traveled with, and never had an issue. Just make sure your liquids are in a quart bag, and they really don't care too much about anything else.

Have a fun trip!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten