Reaction to eye creme

rfnandkcn

Reaction to eye creme

Post by rfnandkcn » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:42 am

Has anyone else experienced a reaction to the cucumber eye creme? I love the way it feels, but every time I have used it, I get big red blotches wherever I have applied it. The blotches eventually go away, but it takes awhile. Jen or Karen, any ideas? I use the Apricot oil for cleansing, and I am using the facelift serum and green tea serum and hemp or argan moisturizer. Am I just super sensitive? Is this something that might go away as I get used to the creme? I hate to stop using it because it has so much good stuff in it.

Thanks
Xarata

Re: Reaction to eye creme

Post by Xarata » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:22 pm

it happens to me, i can't use it (i know this from when it was a sample- i didn't buy the current batch). I'm sure you could dillute it like the super serum, but my reaction to the eye gel was pretty intense and i just chose not to use it.
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
JenW

Post by JenW » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:31 pm

Instant redness does not sound like a good thing. If using it along with some water to thin it out does not work, you will need to look for something else.

What I have overheard working in this business.....anyone can be sensitive to just about anything. My best advice is to discontinue use.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:09 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about the redness! Pretty much what Sam and Jen said. It's a pretty potent cream, and like anything really, it can cause reactions. My guess is that it's related to the Eyeliss as that's the really new ingredient in it.

Facelift, and the moisturizers have a lot of really good stuff in them- so if you can't use the eye cream you're really only missing the ingredient that's probably causing the reaction.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
rfnandkcn

Post by rfnandkcn » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:25 pm

Thanks guys. I really appreciate the input! I have a number of other SN serums and moisturizers that work really well for me, so I will just continue to use those.
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:29 pm

Mixed review here, too.

On one hand, I want to scream with delight because in less than 3 minutes since I applied the cream, I can see that the skin around my eyes looks visibly hydrated and nourished. No eye cream I've ever tried before achieved such a distinct effect.

Sadly, I've also got deep pink panda eyes. Whatever the ingredient is that causes the skin to flush so swiftly certainly seem to be potent to form so instant a reaction. It also tingles but not uncomfortably. No worse than the first time I tried fruit acids. Last night it subsided within an hour so it'll easily wear off, no problem as far as testing goes.

For info, I've used the sample two nights running on freshly washed skin (basic no frills tea tree wash gel) and with no other products used before or after other than minerals earlier today. The sample provided enough product for two liberal applications to each eye.
aud

Post by aud » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:50 am

I'm sorry to hear about the reactions too.

This really soothes my eye area in the mornings when I use it, as well as hydrating it. my fine lines don't look so deep after application and there is some de-puffing too. Pretty good stuff and great pricepoint. please don't discontinue this.
Current SN foundation mix: 4 Buttery Gold: 2 Yellow Boosters: 21 Medium Ivory: 8 Original Ivory: 3 Glow
Favourite SN lippies (currently): Darling, Barcelona (Gumball), Menage
Favourite SN blushers: Carnal, Satisfied
JenK

Post by JenK » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:30 am

aud wrote:Pretty good stuff and great pricepoint. please don't discontinue this.
Agree 100%!!
duhmoms

Post by duhmoms » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:00 pm

So glad that this works for me! My eye area is super sensitive, but after trying the sample, I bought the full size and it has done wonders for me, over and above any other more expensive eye creams! I thank you Karen for this, my eyes usually water intensely as well with other products, but never with this. Thank You, thank you, thank you!
frckls

Post by frckls » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:45 pm

And so do I! I just realize how I need it so bad, when I accidentally left it at the boyf's place and didn't get it back for a week. Hello panda eyes! The eyegel does depuff my eyebags and reduces the dark circle appearance so well. I thought I'll never lose them seeing it kinda runs in the family!