Holiday 2011 is Live!!!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
karen
Site Admin

Holiday 2011 is Live!!!

Post by karen » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:57 pm

Hi! We've finally put the finishing touches on the Holiday Collection! Thank you all so much for your input- it was invaluable as always. I'm going to copy and paste my blog post- in case you missed it.

Enjoy!

After the Fall collection, and Colors for a Cure I sat down and thought about what YOU need for the Holiday Season. Another dozen new lippies? Another dozen new shadows? Right now we officially have over 700 products, and many of you own a large percentage of them.

It didn't seem really necessary. What we ALL need is some ME time. Family is a blessing, work is a blessing, life is a blessing. But gosh, sometimes it's nice to curl up under a blankie with a cup of tea and watch some guilty pleasure TV, or read a good book, or take a nice hot bath.

I can't give you an afternoon with nothing to do (can you imagine...), but I can give you some little stolen moments, some things to pamper yourself, a few extra minutes in the morning, or one less thing to think about.

This collection is a total Pot Luck. Each member of the SN staff had a specific request, and actually designed a specific product. Each time a staff member comes up with a fantastic idea- I tell them to go in the back room and make it.

This time they did! Susan made the lippie palettes, bath salts, and gave me the basic concept behind the eye wands. Heidi made the Body Oils. Thea made two stunning new shadows. Jen had a ton of input on the Eye Cream and Blemish Buster- plus she's Jen. She did all of the swatches, and all of the hundred "Jen things" that keep me from going fetal about this time of year.

And You came up with some great suggestions too!

There's a ton ton ton of new stuff- you're going to be clicking away for a while.

A few of the notable things:
Eye wands! Travel friendly, and super easy to use- with pre-designed looks to make your life easier. To use them just pull the wand out of the vial, give it a little tap and apply. It's not a product that everyone is going to love, and it might take you a little bit to warm up to it. BUT that first busy morning when you needed to leave the house 5 minutes ago- you'll fall in love.

They're designed to be super easy duos, and we have a new eye diagram for them. It's a Half and Half eye, and it's really flattering. We've been playing with it since Fall, and it just works on everyone- no matter your eye shape.

Lippie Palette- 5 colors in one neat little package!

A Bath & Body Extravaganza!

Eye Cream (about time)!

Creamy concealers- yes- it's the cream blush formula made into concealers! The color is a little bit different than the older creamy concealers. They are lighter weight, and super easy to apply and blend. I hope you love them!

Brow Colors in the cream liner formula!

Lippies in big squeeze tubes- glimmery shades that are perfect for layering!

Tons of stuff that I think you'll really enjoy!

American Thanksgiving is on Thursday. I'm thankful for you- among my many blessings. We appreciate each and every one of you, and thank you so much for your support.

We'll be closed Thursday and Friday, and will resume shipping on Monday November 28th.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and safe travels!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
robinbird_22

Re: Holiday 2011 is Live!!!

Post by robinbird_22 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:30 pm

Karen,

You and the SN staff outdid yourselves AGAIN! Everything looks great. I'm going to have a lot of fun deciding what to order. :D

What items are LE/limited quantity? I want to know for sure which things I need to snap up ASAP.

Thanks again for all of your hard work!
jennifae

Post by jennifae » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:36 pm

OMG... everything looks amazing! I'll have to try the Eye Wands as I'm always in a rush in the mornings. I love anything that's travel-and-user friendly.
Beauty Blog: http://www.jennifae.com/
Facebook: http://on.fb.me/jennifae
Twitter: http://twitter.com/jennifae
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:43 pm

Thank you! The palettes are LE, and I don't have a ton of bath salts. The shipment is held up in customs at the moment.
The nail art brushes have iffy stock sometimes, but we should be fine on those.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
4wheel

Post by 4wheel » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:45 pm

jennifae wrote:OMG... everything looks amazing! I'll have to try the Eye Wands as I'm always in a rush in the mornings. I love anything that's travel-and-user friendly.
YES, WSS!! :D :D
BE the Light - Shimmer and Shine!
Toby

Post by Toby » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:47 pm

Karen, wow! You always amaze me with your ingenuity. Every time a new collection comes out, I think you've outdone yourself & then...!

& what a lovely write-up! It really made me smile. So thank you for always being so gracious, & for coming up with some truly kickass products!
BlowFarAway

Post by BlowFarAway » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:03 am

I think it's FINALLY time I placed another order. Before I hit checkout though-- are you doing the lip balm kits again this year? They are the perfect stocking stuffers and I know my bf's mom would love them.
Don't be so humble, you are not that great. -Golda Meir
Charz

Post by Charz » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:33 am

What a fun looking collection! I'm really impressed by how the SN team continues to improve and expand its boundaries. It makes being a customer that much more exciting and rewarding :P Thank you, Karen!
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:26 am

Well I've just woken up and placed two orders, all before the kettle finished boiling. SN's the only place I can go impulse shopping safely *before* the coffee vapours kick start the brain cells into life. You just cannot go wrong and oh baby, these look soooooo right! :lol:

Very grateful to see the red glimmery lippy I'd requested. At close inspection, once I'd wiped the drool off of the monitor, I'd say it's exactly the shade of red I wanted and possibly better than I'd hoped for.

Couldn't resist Thea's liners, too. Awesome. Coloured shimmery liner is my irresistible temptation.

Big thumbs up.

(Might have to hold me back from blowing the rent money once the caffeine kicks in...)
JenK

Post by JenK » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:07 am

WOW!! I just woke up and can't believe my eyes!!! So much to look at!!