Colors for the Cure is Live!!!!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
karen
Site Admin

Colors for the Cure is Live!!!!

Post by karen » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:29 pm

This is a fun release! Tons of GWP re-issues, and a very special project. Swatches are coming- the package still hasn't gotten to Jen yet, so hopefully we'll have them up soon.

It's a long blog post..but hopefully a fun read:
http://silknaturalscosmetics.blogspot.c ... -site.html
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
egerandi

Re: Colors for the Cure is Live!!!!

Post by egerandi » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:56 pm

karen wrote:This is a fun release! Tons of GWP re-issues, and a very special project. Swatches are coming- the package still hasn't gotten to Jen yet, so hopefully we'll have them up soon.

It's a long blog post..but hopefully a fun read:
http://silknaturalscosmetics.blogspot.c ... -site.html
My goodness! I'm still trying to wrap my head around the last collection, hehe.
Lots of wants on this list, and thank you for keeping with the cause :)
Colleen

Post by Colleen » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:00 pm

I hope this ok to post here. I don't want to bring people down with your beautiful new collection.

I just wanted to say how sorry I am about your friend Karen. My Dad just died of cancer last month. He had a brain tumor. It was 2 months from the time we found out and then he was gone. I haven't gotten to the anger part yet myself, but I just feel such empathy for your friend and her family. I agree with you that we need to do something about this horrible disease. Anyway, your blog really touched me and I just had to post here. The makeup is gorgeous, I'm sure your friend would love it.
zooeyblue

Post by zooeyblue » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:08 pm

Thank you for the beautiful collection, Karen! Inspire is there, and I am thrilled because I wear it so much. :D Yay!

My mom is a breast cancer survivor, so fighting this with all we've got is close to my heart, too. ;)
~Tracy~
JenW

Post by JenW » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:10 pm

Unfortunately, the post is not keeping up with its usual promptness for packages to me. Hopefully tomorrow for swatches!

(I definitely feel for you Ladies(and Gents) when the post is slow!)
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:10 pm

@Colleen- I'm so sorry to hear about your Father. That's terrible, and so quick.
@Zooeyblue- I'm glad to hear that your Mother is a survivor!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Ladybug914

Post by Ladybug914 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:45 am

Colleen wrote:I hope this ok to post here. I don't want to bring people down with your beautiful new collection.

I just wanted to say how sorry I am about your friend Karen. My Dad just died of cancer last month. He had a brain tumor. It was 2 months from the time we found out and then he was gone. I haven't gotten to the anger part yet myself, but I just feel such empathy for your friend and her family. I agree with you that we need to do something about this horrible disease. Anyway, your blog really touched me and I just had to post here. The makeup is gorgeous, I'm sure your friend would love it.
I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my mother to cancer in January. She was a breast cancer survivor, but, unfortunately, after more than fifteen years of being a survivor, she was struck down by colon cancer. (It was not related to her breast cancer.) I am all for anything that will help eradicate cancer, of any type, from this world.

Beautiful collection, Karen! Thank you! I am going to honor my mother's memory with a purchase. Goodness knows, I inherited my love of makeup from her! (Along with my love of shoes and purses!)
frckls

Post by frckls » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:50 am

Good Gracious God, Karen!! I thought you would never outdone yourself at the Fall 2011 collection, but I squealed when I saw this year's Colors for a Cure collection! There goes my no-buy oath.....

Jen, SWATCH SWATCH SWATCH! I've put things in my cart and I want to see them before I checkout! :mrgreen:

I don't know if it's the colors or the memory of my grandmother that hit me.
She passed away 28 May last year, exactly 2-months after her birthday and the moment we found out of her cancer. She had been sick for months before, my sister knows it and had insisted to take her to the hospital. The problem is, she had always known to not take mercy and help from other people. She had always been a woman who take care of people, so when she insisted that she was okay, we couldn't do anything.
Then came her birthday and we had our family birthday dinner as usual. She was almost skeleton-thin and she barely ate anything, although she never eats too much either. Me and my sisters and my mom felt the worst will come and felt like crying but we tried very hard to keep the dinner as pleasant as usual. But my mom was finally able to persuade her to go to the hospital the next day, and it turned out that she had a liver cancer that had spread everywhere.
We didn't have the heart to force her to undergo chemotherapy, mostly because her body is too weak for such invasive procedure anyway. So we kept her at a nice, small, quiet hospital so she could rest and had all her massive groups of friends and relatives visiting every day.
When we felt that she had very little time left, we took her home and her health was rapidly declining. And when the pain could not be endured anymore, she left.

I've always wanted her to be around when I graduate, get married and at least, meet my first child in the future, even more since my grandpa passed away a few years earlier. Unfortunately, God had another plan for her. Both of them have been my greatest inspiration up until this very moment.

Prayers for everyone who survived the battle and whoever fell in the battle.
4wheel

Post by 4wheel » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:54 am

ITA with you all ...Karen has done an aweeeeeeesome job :o with all the new beauty goodies. Have lots of them in my cart too. Swatches :ugeek: << waiting for them. LOL

But I have tears in my eyes from the pain and loss of so many ...my aunt not even six months yet and my neighbor it has been six months now. Colleen...hugs to you, friend ((((<3))))
BE the Light - Shimmer and Shine!
catlover

Post by catlover » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:31 am

Karen my condolences to you. It is always hard when we lose someone we love, life has its way of throwing us a curve ball now and then. My grandpa died from cancer in June and my grandma died many years ago from cancer as well and she was only 58. Sadly we all have these stories and I hope that in my lifetime there will be a cure.
Great job on the collection love the inspiration behind the vibrant colours. ;)