Facelift is back, and brought a few friends...

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
karen
Site Admin

Facelift is back, and brought a few friends...

Post by karen » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:26 pm

Facelift is finally back on the site after a fairly major overhaul to the formula. I put the technical details on the blog, because it's sorta long, and a little technical.

http://silknaturalscosmetics.blogspot.c ... mised.html

We're also rolling out Awesome Sauce at Susan and Heidi's strong request. It's a very very powerful serum that helps with anti-aging. It really delivers what you want from a serum- smooth, glowing, soft skin. There are 5 actives in it- each one of them could really be their own separate serum, but I rolled them all into one product, and I think you're going to like it.

It's meant for everyone- it's nice for oily, or dry skin, and the acne-prone girls are going to appreciate the anti-bacterial fermented wasabi extract.

There's also a few new lippies just for fun. I woke up on Monday and just felt awful about not making any new colors, so I did a few fun lippies. They're sheer, and can be dressed up or dressed down depending on the rest of your look.

The back end of the site is not quite behaving itself so I can't do anything really fancy at the moment.

Here's a direct link to the new stuff:
http://host.silknaturals.com/creb/june- ... 9_210.html

Thank you all for being so incredible. This Spring has been unusually rough, and you've been wonderful as always.

Have a happy long weekend!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
lambchop

Re: Facelift is back, and brought a few friends...

Post by lambchop » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:41 pm

Wohoo :D for Karen! The lemongrass peppermint sounds yumtastic. The Awesome Sauce intrigues me all around: formula, label, name...

Enjoy your trip and take care. Y'all deserve a great break.

Ann
Toby

Post by Toby » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:45 pm

These all sound lovely, but I'm super excited about Blushberry. What a fantastic colour!
Ladybug914

Post by Ladybug914 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:05 pm

Toby wrote:These all sound lovely, but I'm super excited about Blushberry. What a fantastic colour!
Me, too!!! I love the ALG formula and this color looks wonderful!
meadowbird

Post by meadowbird » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:18 pm

Pretty Please jumped straight into my cart! Looks lovely!

Awesome Sauce sounds amazing too.. I wonder how it compares to Super Serum, which has been doing rediculously good things to my skin..

Thanks Karen!
Blush : Lovelace ~ Flare ~ Stardust ~ Foxxy
Eyes: Scandal ~ Neuron ~ Sprite ~ Zest
Lips: Zinnia ~ Ambrosia ~ Pretty Please ~ Mango
heidiv23323

Post by heidiv23323 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:25 pm

SQUEEEEEEEE Thanks SO much Karen and thanks to the girls for insisting you put the serum up :) I've already place my order. How did you know I had an itchy finger? :twisted: lol.. Have a great vacation!

Heidi
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:35 am

Thank you!!!! I'm looking forward to putting my feet up for a couple of weeks!

The Awesome Sauce is fun stuff- I like that I can skip a moisturizer when I use it- one less step. If it works as well for you as it does for us you're going to love it. I foresee selling less foundation because of it (which is cool- I want to make stuff that really works).

Super Serum vs. Awesome Sauce is a tough call. They're different means to the same end. My skin tends to be dry, and red so right now the Awesome Sauce is my choice. If I had young, oily, acne prone skin- a slight edge to the Super Serum, but not by much. If you drink alcohol, the Awesome Sauce is good for getting rid of that morning after "booze hag" look (so I've been told ;))

Niacinamide is good for sebum regulation- it helps control it in the oily gals, and helps to improve it in dry skin gals. Awesome Sauce doesn't have an ingredient that addresses oil production- other than the hydrating system which should help a little with oil production.

It's one of those try a sample and see what you like better situations. They're both good, but I wanted to make something with Venuceane, but without niacinamide for the gals who tend to turn red when they use it. Personally, I'll probably switch back and forth depending on what skin thing is annoying me most at the moment. I like Super Serum for keeping my freckles away.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:32 am

SQUEE!!! The nude...the peach...the awesome sauce! awesome sauce sounds right up my alley.
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
Cheece

Post by Cheece » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:03 am

I'm so excited!!!!!!
Dwis

Post by Dwis » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:53 am

Oh Nooo.... I'm 17w pregnant now. Reading these great ingredients of Awesome Sauce, should I stay away from this during pregnancy? :(