Eyeshadow Help

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
suddenlyforever

Eyeshadow Help

Post by suddenlyforever » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:45 pm

I'm new to SN, but so far I've loved everything I've gotten so far. I recently bought Saddle Up and LOVED the color. Its a gorgeous brown with a copper shimmer on top, and its absolutely beautiful. Unfortunately, everytime I've used it its caused my eyelids to get red and rashy. Its odd because I can use Alakazam, Shake It, and Homecoming Queen with no problem. Does anyone know if there is anything different in Saddle Up that is causing this? I just want to know so I don't get any eyeshadows with that ingredient in the future.

Since I can't use Saddle Up, I was wondering if anyone knew of a similar color that I could buy, since I absolutely love it. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
JenW

Re: Eyeshadow Help

Post by JenW » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:38 pm

suddenlyforever wrote:I'm new to SN, but so far I've loved everything I've gotten so far. I recently bought Saddle Up and LOVED the color. Its a gorgeous brown with a copper shimmer on top, and its absolutely beautiful. Unfortunately, everytime I've used it its caused my eyelids to get red and rashy. Its odd because I can use Alakazam, Shake It, and Homecoming Queen with no problem. Does anyone know if there is anything different in Saddle Up that is causing this? I just want to know so I don't get any eyeshadows with that ingredient in the future.

Since I can't use Saddle Up, I was wondering if anyone knew of a similar color that I could buy, since I absolutely love it. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
This is something we won't be able to help you with on the forum. If you really want to know something very specific about ingredients you need to send an email through the website. It is puzzling that the other eyeshadows are fine, but you react to Saddle Up. I don't see anything on the ingredients list that would be different, and browns rarely have colorants that are an issue. However, I don't have access to the actual colors used in the product, so I can't even guess what might be the problem. You might want to have a little more information before you try a similar color.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:15 pm

Ouch- that's not fun. I'm sorry that happened to you. Yes, usually we go off forum for these- generally because it can sometimes involve personal/health info that I just don't feel comfortable encouraging you to share in the open online.

I looked up the recipe, and it is just a really standard basic one- nothing odd at all. Scratching my head as to what it could be. The one main pigment in it is also in Cashmere (off the top of my head- it's probably in one or two others too).
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
suddenlyforever

Post by suddenlyforever » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:17 pm

Wow, thank you guys for the quick replies! I don't know what it is either, but thanks for the information, because I was just about to order Cashmere. I'll stay away from that one then, and look for another color. Thank you!