Love for Lovelace

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
Phyrra

Love for Lovelace

Post by Phyrra » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:32 pm

I just wanted to say that I absolutely adore Lovelace. It's such a gorgeous blush in terms of pigmentation and blendability.

Phyrra.net
feyith

Re: Love for Lovelace

Post by feyith » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:21 pm

I agree. It's my favorite blush! You look awesome, by the way! :D
meadowbird

Post by meadowbird » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:04 am

Agreed also, it's my number 1. And yeah, love the new hair!
Blush : Lovelace ~ Flare ~ Stardust ~ Foxxy
Eyes: Scandal ~ Neuron ~ Sprite ~ Zest
Lips: Zinnia ~ Ambrosia ~ Pretty Please ~ Mango
Phyrra

Post by Phyrra » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:05 pm

Thanks ladies! It's a nice change for me.
Phyrra.net
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:54 pm

Phyrra wrote:Thanks ladies! It's a nice change for me.
Change indeed, and it's lovely :) You could prolly wear green hair and pull it off!
BTW, how painful was the transition if you don't mind my asking? I've been coloring mine black for a very long time and I would like to end up medium auburn at one point. My colorist is going slowly, i'm mixing brown with red now, but she said there is no way I can get the black out immediately, just gotta do it step by step. I guess by 'no way' she meant 'unless you wanna fry off your hair' :)
Suggestions?
Phyrra

Post by Phyrra » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:06 pm

Well, keep in mind that for me it was easy because:
1. my natural hair color is dark, but I bleach up very easily
2. to get the blue-black look on my hair, I just put Jerome Russel Punky Color in Turquoise over all of my hair. This made my bleached streak vivid turquoise and the rest of my hair blue-black.
3. I used One n' Only color fix (without the processing lotion) to remove the punky color.

So I didn't have to remove permanent black dye.

My hair isn't fried, but I do condition it a lot.
I did a hair mask immediately after bleaching to make sure it would be ok.
I also used a bleach for sensitive scalp, and watched it closely.

I dyed my hair black once permanently, and got bored a month later. I wanted to take the black out but it took 6 months to grow/bleach it out. I was really unhappy, and that's why I ended up doing semi-permanent black after that. I like to change things too much to ever do permanent black again.
Phyrra.net
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:14 pm

Phyrra wrote:that's why I ended up doing semi-permanent black after that. I like to change things too much to ever do permanent black again.
Aha! Yeah, ok, I'll just have to wait it out then :)
frckls

Post by frckls » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:39 pm

I don't get it but Lovelace does not show up on me at all. I need to redip my fiber optic brush for at least 4 times for each cheek.

Btw I envy you for being able to pull off hair colors. EN-VY.
meadowbird

Post by meadowbird » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:32 pm

Phyrra wrote:I dyed my hair black once permanently, and got bored a month later. I wanted to take the black out but it took 6 months to grow/bleach it out. I was really unhappy, and that's why I ended up doing semi-permanent black after that. I like to change things too much to ever do permanent black again.
This is also something I learned the hard way! I've been from platnium, to golden, to black and red-violet, to honey, to auburn, to black, back to honey, and now a deep coffee brown - in about 18 months! My hairdresser is only using semi's on my hair now also, and I think unless I'm bleaching in the future I will stick to it. My hair was in pretty bad condition and one app of a semi really filled up my cuticles and it's so soft and shiny now.
I also like to change my hair often!
frckls wrote:I don't get it but Lovelace does not show up on me at all. I need to redip my fiber optic brush for at least 4 times for each cheek.
Have you tried using a regular blush brush? I have to use a fair bit of Lovelace to get it to show up on me also but once you've used enough it's just so pretty. I also often layer it over a light base of either Petal, Poppy or Flare and that really helps the colour come through, Using a matte blush underneath helps maintain Lovelace's finish - which I find extra special compared to other SN blushes.
Blush : Lovelace ~ Flare ~ Stardust ~ Foxxy
Eyes: Scandal ~ Neuron ~ Sprite ~ Zest
Lips: Zinnia ~ Ambrosia ~ Pretty Please ~ Mango
frckls

Post by frckls » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:48 am

meadowbird wrote: Have you tried using a regular blush brush? I have to use a fair bit of Lovelace to get it to show up on me also but once you've used enough it's just so pretty. I also often layer it over a light base of either Petal, Poppy or Flare and that really helps the colour come through, Using a matte blush underneath helps maintain Lovelace's finish - which I find extra special compared to other SN blushes.
I sure have. It's just that I like using duo fiber optic brush for blushes and my regular blush brush has rarely seen the sunlight nowadays. Perhaps I'll try layering it with a matte blush. I have a huge love for WYWH and Poppy, though. It's the most beautiful blush color I have ever seen on me. :)