oh, Man.....I don't know what to say

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
ladycattat

Re: oh, Man.....I don't know what to say

Post by ladycattat » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:05 pm

Hi Rosy, thank you for asking. This week has been a challenge. Dave was unable to have his surgery since his blood pressure was way, way up. They were supposed to see his Doctor on Friday to see what was going to happen. Then on Thursday, Dave's 13 year old daughter from a previous marriage took a handfull of Extasy and was rushed to the hospital. She is ok, but was put on a 72 hour old. My friend has ben so busy dealing with all this that we haven't really talked, so at this point, I am just praying, and letting her know that I am here when she needs me. I just cannot imagine having all this coming at you at once. She is being so brave.
Summer,2012
90 Medium
5 BG
5.5 yellow

HG: Sheer Zinc Powder
and Equalizer
E/S..Spellbound, Adorn, and Juiced,
Lips: Roxie,Kinetic, Fascinate, Glacier, Nice Tan

There cannot be a crisis until next week. My schedule is already full.
Henry Kissinger
JenW

Post by JenW » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:45 pm

Hugs to you, too, Laurie. You are doing the right thing by letting her know you are there for her.

I am so sorry to hear about the daughter. That cannot be easy for anyone under the best of circumstances. I hope they are able to get some outside help for the girl. The daughter has quite a bit she is dealing with, and 13 is so young to be dealing with the thought of losing a parent.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
Rosy1

Post by Rosy1 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:34 pm

Oh, my, Laurie, what an overwhelming situation! The possibility of losing a parent is so scary for kids, as is of course the possibility of losing a child for the parent. I hope your friend's family will be able to draw together in this time of crisis. In my own experience having friends who I knew were available for listening to whatever crazy feelings I was having without judging me for having them was so important, as was having friends who were available to spend supportive time with my son. You are so friendly and supportive on this forum, I'm sure you're a great help to your friend even just by being available for when she both needs and has time to talk.
ladycattat

Post by ladycattat » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:53 am

I am asking for everyones good thoughts and vibes and wishes. My friend's husband is having his surgery this morning right now as I am typing this. My friend is so scared......and she feels like she has the weight of the world on her shoulders. Besides the obvious fears, there are serious money problems she now has to deal with also. They do have insurance that will cover the surgery, but nothing that will take care of the bills if he isn't working. And the doctor said recovery could be months.
Summer,2012
90 Medium
5 BG
5.5 yellow

and Equalizer

Henry Kissinger
superwahz

Post by superwahz » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:32 pm

Sending lots of good energy, I hope the surgery went smoothly and he's recovering well! I also hope that supportive people come out of the woodwork to help them through this trying time and that he has a quicker recovery than any of them could imagine!

Thank you for being that listening ear/shoulder to cry on Laurie, having a friend who is there for you in the hard times is priceless... Make sure you are doing something to support and care for you as well, I think most people underestimate the impact things like this have on the friends supporting friends through these sort of things!
Taking joy in living is a woman's best cosmetic. ~Rosalind Russell
ladycattat

Post by ladycattat » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:48 am

Well, great news! Dave's surgery went really, really well! His doctor said they were able to get all the cancer, and that it hadn't spread. He came out of recovery quickly and was able to start breathing on his own within an hour. His doctor sounds very optimistic, and says if things continue going this well, there is only a slight chance he will need chemo. He will be in the hospital for about 2 weeks, and then we'll see.
Superwahz, thank you for your comment, I appreciate it....it is a little hard sometimes being strong, but I know she would do it for me in a heartbeat.
Summer,2012
90 Medium
5 BG
5.5 yellow

and Equalizer

Henry Kissinger
ChristineLynnP

Post by ChristineLynnP » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:12 pm

Laurie, I haven't known what to say in this thread so I've kept quiet, but you and your friend and her husband have been on my mind. You sound like a great friend, and I know the fact that you care so much means the world to them right now. I'm sending nothing but positive thoughts your (and his, and her) way!
Check us out on etsy: www.titanweave.etsy.com
JenW

Post by JenW » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:36 pm

So glad to hear the surgery went well. I hope his recovery is quick. The bad part about cancer, is that even if it is in remission, it will always be part of their lives.

I know it is not easy to be the friends of someone who is ill. There are always awkward moments, and other times that are so emotional and draining. I agree that you need to make sure that you are taking good care of yourself, as well as being a good support to your friends. It is tough because your friend will need you (mostly just knowing you are there) regardless of how well her husband recovers or not. I think you really learn how to appreciate the simple things in life at times like this.

Hugs to you! And I love your big heart!
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:34 am

I'm so relieved that the surgery went well. I will keep you and your loved ones in my prayers.
ladycattat

Post by ladycattat » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:08 pm

Thank you all for your well wishes, prayers and good thoughts....not just for my friends, but for me as well.
Dave is doing EXTREMELY well! They expected him to need to be in the hospital for at least 2 weeks, and it's been just a week and they are concidering letting him go home in a couple of days. Money is still tight, but they have applied for temp disablity, and we are all just pitching in where we can.
It's way too early in this process to be relieved about things, and not to worry anymore, but the very worst part is behind us, and it wasn't nearly as awful as we anticipated.

Again, thanks so much!
xx
Laurie
Summer,2012
90 Medium
5 BG
5.5 yellow

and Equalizer

Henry Kissinger