1 Whole Year!!!

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
Xarata

1 Whole Year!!!

Post by Xarata » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:30 pm

Some of you read my blog and some don't, but for those that own one of my headbands, you know what a big deal my anniversary is.

Background: I have a degree in fashion design and metal smithing- essentially Art & Design. I make my living waiting tables. In March 2010, I began a project (The Xarata Project actually). My perameters were pretty simple- make something! anything! every week. Last week was week 52- 1 whole year!!!

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
karen
Site Admin

Re: 1 Whole Year!!!

Post by karen » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:53 am

Congratulations!!!!!!! It's been an absolute pleasure reading your blog, and I'm thrilled that we get to keep watching you do it.

What amazes me about your work is the sheer variety of the items you produce- from glasses, to jewelry, clothes. It really showcases your talent as a designer. I mean really a steam punk game controller?? Who comes up with that? An amazing, smart, creative woman. I love it!

If any of you haven't stopped by her blog recently...it's worth the trip. Be prepared to have your socks knocked off!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:06 am

Oh gosh, those hair pieces are gorgeous! I especially like that black pin from week 12. And the silk flowers... Congrats :)
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:26 pm

I still love those goblets.
Die Marchen

Post by Die Marchen » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:08 pm

Congratulations Samantha!!!

And ladies, Karen and Samantha, what if you make some mutual project? Maybe some makeup collection with Samantha's design?

For example - we have a Bombshell kit - what if you produced "XARATA" kit? Could Samanths design some beautiful boxes for Karen's colors?
Am I crazy? What do you think?

I would looove to get such a thing :-)

P.S. Yes, glasses are stunning. As everything else is :-) I love the blog, but was too busy to check these weeks and didn't mention the year is over - I got used to it! It is easy to get used to good!
Current ratio, Sept. 13: 1 Ebony : 1 Buttery Gold : 15 All Purpose : 5 Ivory : 2 Yellow : 1 Liberty : 1 Beach Bunny
The mix is pale and does't look yellow