My heart goes out to....

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
JenW

My heart goes out to....

Post by JenW » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:13 am

.....those in Japan after the earthquake and tsunami. And to those on tsunami alert.

It is times like these that remind me how much appreciate my family and friends, and remember to tell them more often.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
heidiv23323

Re: My heart goes out to....

Post by heidiv23323 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:32 am

My heart goes out to those in Japan dealing with this horrible tragedy. I lived on Ohau for 10 years and I still have many friends there. I'm worried for them all.
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:03 pm

Yeah. And to everyone in the middle east. Things are crazy in a lot of places right now.
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:11 pm

I've been numb watching it all day on the tv news. There comes a time when words fail to describe what you see because the only part of you that's functioning is your heart - praying for those you're watching going through hell and thanking God that it's not your loved ones, knowing soberingly that someone else isn't able to say the same. Someone said today, "it looks like the world's falling apart, but these things teach us that whatever our differences, we're all in it together".
tizzylou

Post by tizzylou » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:31 pm

Cupcake wrote:I've been numb watching it all day on the tv news. There comes a time when words fail to describe what you see because the only part of you that's functioning is your heart - praying for those you're watching going through hell and thanking God that it's not your loved ones, knowing soberingly that someone else isn't able to say the same. Someone said today, "it looks like the world's falling apart, but these things teach us that whatever our differences, we're all in it together".
How true and well said Cupcake. My thoughts and prayers are with everybody that is affected by the events that are happening all over the world right now.
Aden

Post by Aden » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:02 am

Yes there are so many terrible things happening in the world at the moment.

My heart goes out to those here in Japan affected by the quake and tsunami's.

I am actually in Japan at the moment, and whilst i am about 400km away from the epicentre, it was certainly a terrifying day yesterday. My kids especially are still a little traumatised as this is their first experience of an earthquake - certainly such a big one.

We did spend a terrifying night with many aftershocks, and without electricity and still have no water, but we are lucky - there are so many in a worse situation. Can still see fires burning a few miles away from where we are staying.

I lived in Japan for 10 years until I returned home to Australia with my family last year. This is our first trip back to see my husbands family, and this earthquake was by far the strongest and longest I had ever experienced.

It's times like this you realise how precious life is, and that you need to treasure your loved ones and those around you.
Colleen

Post by Colleen » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:53 am

Aden, I hope you and your family stay safe. It is very hard to watch this. I wish everyone could be safe.
ladycattat

Post by ladycattat » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:06 pm

Yesterday was one of those days where we were just glued to the tv. It was so hard to to watch, but impossible not to. I have friends in Hawaii, that finally we heard from last night, and all is ok. I live on the west coast (california) and know a few folks that have dealt with some tsunami damage, but we are nowhere close ourselves.
Aden, so glad you posted....and that you are ok!
It's times like this that I am glad that there are are social networks like FB that make it easier to track down and locate people.
Sending out thoughts and prayers to all those affected by this tragedy!
Laurie
Summer,2012
90 Medium
5 BG
5.5 yellow

HG: Sheer Zinc Powder
and Equalizer
E/S..Spellbound, Adorn, and Juiced,
Lips: Roxie,Kinetic, Fascinate, Glacier, Nice Tan

There cannot be a crisis until next week. My schedule is already full.
Henry Kissinger
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:49 pm

Glad to hear you're safe Aden. It's been a pretty rough start to 2011 and I'm praying that things get better. We were glued to the TV and Facebook checking on friends and family. Cupcake always says things so eloquently- it's tough for me to form words at times like these.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten