Goggles4U is having a sale....

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
karen
Site Admin

Goggles4U is having a sale....

Post by karen » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:10 pm

I broke my last pair of sunglasses, so I decided to checkout Goggles4U.com and they're having a sale! I've never purchased from Goggles4U before because we've been super happy with our glasses from ZenniOptical.com and they generally have better prices, but Goggle's latest coupon is:
Glasses899

Essentially you can get a pair of prescription glasses for $8.99 depending on your prescription, and tinting is free. I got a couple of pairs, and did pick out a more expensive frame on one of the pairs. The coupon code still works, and I ended up paying the price of the frames plus about $10 for the lenses and shipping.

Prescription sunglasses for $20!!! I'm excited to get my order.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
ladycattat

Re: Goggles4U is having a sale....

Post by ladycattat » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:35 am

Karen....seriously......$20.00 for PRESCRIPTION SUNGLASSES? You gotta be kidding? Obviously you can't try them on....can you return them?
I am so intrigued. Even with our insurance....DH always ends up paying a couple hundred bucks to get special coating and stuff on his since he is so rough on his....
Gonna go check it out.
Laurie
Summer,2012
90 Medium
5 BG
5.5 yellow

HG: Sheer Zinc Powder
and Equalizer
E/S..Spellbound, Adorn, and Juiced,
Lips: Roxie,Kinetic, Fascinate, Glacier, Nice Tan

There cannot be a crisis until next week. My schedule is already full.
Henry Kissinger
ladycattat

Post by ladycattat » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:37 pm

Karen .....did you get your glasses yet? I. am really interested in seeing. Whether you like them or not. I actually che Las out. The site and uploaded photos of me.DH,and

DD and tried on tons of frames. Xx LAURIE
Summer,2012
90 Medium
5 BG
5.5 yellow

and Equalizer

Henry Kissinger
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:20 pm

They came today!!!!! Quality wise- they're really nice. Just as good as any I've bought from anywhere else. The prescriptions seem to be accurate as well, and I'm one who gets headaches when my glasses aren't just right. No headaches!

We've had really great luck in the past with Zenni Optical too- day to day they tend to run a bit cheaper because their shipping is only $5 flat rate no matter how many pairs you order- BUT they charge for coatings and Goggles doesn't, so with the coupon it evens-out at the moment. The ones I wear in my avatar pic are from Zenni- I think they're $15.95 a pair.

I got 4 pairs this time- I like 3 of them, and the 4th I just wasn't paying attention to my measurements- the lenses are too tall for my liking. If I had ordered those as sunglasses I would have loved them, but I got them with clear lenses, and don't love them. My bad- they'll make decent backup glasses.

The trick is to measure your glasses and upload a picture with you wearing them so you have a frame of reference. The overall width, and the height of each lens are the important things to know. Otherwise the scale can be waaaaay off on their virtual try on system. Millimeters are big when you're talking about glasses- 138 mm wide are fine for me, but anything under that and they get pinchy. 136mm is just too small.

Here's the pics! I think I like the wayfarers the best- the big round ones are fun too. The black ones are a little blah for my tastes- just a little bling on the side, but they'll be handy. Please excuse the whole just out of the shower thing.

I can't wait to see what you guys pick!!! I can totally see you with a fun pair of cat-eye's or maybe a little something with rhinestones.
Attachments
sunnies3.jpg
sunnies3.jpg (63.91 KiB) Viewed 3834 times
sunnies2.jpg
sunnies2.jpg (56.97 KiB) Viewed 3834 times
sunnies1.jpg
sunnies1.jpg (52.63 KiB) Viewed 3834 times
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
ladycattat

Post by ladycattat » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:07 pm

Total awesomeness, Karen! I really like all of those on you...even the black ones! I have worn glasses for over 30 years and have never had real prescription sunglasses. I have had clip-ons, and I have had those ones that are supposed to change from light to dark as you go outside, but they never worked the way I wanted.
You gave us some womderful tips that we would have NEVER thought of ourselves about the fitting...THANK YOU.
Right now, I am more interested in getting a pair of regular glasses for my daughter, and a couple of regular ones for DH. He uses his sunglasses for safety glasses, so has a super-duper special coating and prescription that we would use our regular insurance for, but these would be perfect for his regular lenses. These would also be great for my 11 year old DD who has lost 1 pair and broken 1 pair all in the space of 5 months.
My parents were over yesterday, and they were absolutely flabbergasted that you can *try on* glasses online!
Thanks so much for the recommendation....it will be a little while till we do this....but so wonderful to know we can!
XX
Laurie
Oh, and please disregard how wierd and disjointed my previous message was. I was typing on my phone and the keypad jumbled me all up! (I know....excuses, excuses.....)
Summer,2012
90 Medium
5 BG
5.5 yellow

and Equalizer

Henry Kissinger
lilychemgirl

Post by lilychemgirl » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:49 am

Wow, I never thought of getting glasses/sunglasses online, but that is an awesome price. My glasses cost $840NZ, and my prescription sunnies $500NZ, hence I have had the sunglasses for a few years now, and could totally do with updating them! It would be so good to get some cheap/fun backup pairs.
Mineral makeup addict, Mama to three amazing girls, loving wife to Tom ♥