Your secret wishlist colours?

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
Cupcake

Your secret wishlist colours?

Post by Cupcake » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:16 pm

Go on, admit it, there's a colour or three that you've had your eye on forever... it's daring, maybe risky? Maybe you know it wouldn't suit you but you really want to try it, even if you only wear it swatched on your hand to gaze lovingly at how pretty it is. For me, it has to be Poly eyeshadow and Black Dahlia lippy. Oooh tempting!

Just for fun, confess... (or enable!) What are your secret wishlist colours?
Xarata

Re: Your secret wishlist colours?

Post by Xarata » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:09 pm

well...i have them all NOW, but they used to be: poly, bewitched, plush, and platinum red
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
Die Marchen

Post by Die Marchen » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:20 am

Cupcake, you're insightful! :-)

Well, it is half my e/s colors. I loove them swatched :-) Or I add it a little to the outer V. Like Dark arts - amazing color, I dream of wearing if filed on the whole lid, but I do not dare)

Or really bright smokey eyes. With black liner around) I wear something "cloudy" - lightly applied platinum and some carbon to crease and veeeery thin line to line)))

When I was pregnant I wore yellow and pink shadows with purple liner and lime pregnant pants and white with lime shirt. and huge orange sweater :-) (over it there was an old black ugly coat though)))

But now I a not that crazy)
Current ratio, Sept. 13: 1 Ebony : 1 Buttery Gold : 15 All Purpose : 5 Ivory : 2 Yellow : 1 Liberty : 1 Beach Bunny
The mix is pale and does't look yellow
Die Marchen

Post by Die Marchen » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:21 am

And the colors are Sizzle, Hero, Seneca - I loove teals, but scared to really wear them.
Current ratio, Sept. 13: 1 Ebony : 1 Buttery Gold : 15 All Purpose : 5 Ivory : 2 Yellow : 1 Liberty : 1 Beach Bunny
The mix is pale and does't look yellow
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:59 am

I'm usually not shy with the lippies: bring on the bold reds and pinks! But when it comes to eye shadows, I usually am more of a collector than an applier :D
I've been secretly admiring Phyrra's out-there (to me, that is) combos, but have yet to pull one of those off :) I have had Flame, Safety and Canary on my wishlist for the longest time... one day :)
robinbird_22

Post by robinbird_22 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:22 am

Lunar and Martian, Go, 5th Ave, Poly, Sizzle

I actually own Sizzle. I had a sample baggie too. I used up the sample baggie by mixing it with a gray and using it as a liner color. I dream of wearing in its unaltered glory though. It is just gorgeous.
packgal

Post by packgal » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:03 pm

mine is mango lip gloss. it just looks sooo pretty, but i doubt i will like it once i put it on :(

for those who want to try poly, use it as a liner with neutral shadows. it rocks...get it. dooooo it.
Ghost

Post by Ghost » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:09 pm

Oh cupcake, you temptress you :twisted:

Well I would love to do a vamp smokey look, I see................

Eyes: magnum on lid, with flame faded out into the crease, silver lining in the inner V and faded out above the red then with whipped cream for highlight (depending on mood I might put a little flame blending out on the middle of the lid, on top of magnum). Flame under the eye blending out with silver lining then magnum on top close, the lash line.

Blush: I love carnal but I can't wear it, so in my vamp look I would be wearing carnal, with be mine dusted over the top to get a little rosey red, to bring out the red in the crease.

Lips: I CANNOT wear red lippie (oh I wish I could) so I would totally wear crimson with swank over the top.

I know this look sounds soooo weird but it's what I wish I had the courage to wear...................... now I just got to think of one for purple :mrgreen:

Cupcake: Buy poly!!!!!!!! Do it like you life depended on it :D If you're still not brave PM your address and I can send you a sample if you'd like, you won't regret it I promise. I love doing a light lilac/purple colour on the lid with poly on the crease. Must thank you for this thread because as I was searching e/s on the site, I noticed some I wanted but didn't have (god how can that happen). Spending spree on payday YAY.

Xarate (Sam): Oh sam I bow to your collection of SN goodies. I used to have them all but trying not to spend so much. All hail Sam and her collection (search for her pictures of it, they're mouth watering-beautiful)
Foundation: 1: baggie 6: ebony: 7 glow
Fav blush: Steller
Fav Lippie: Symphony
Fav combo: cream 1st half of lid, 09:59 2nd half, chocolate twinkle in the crease with Blackheart over it blended out and vanillia on brow bone.
zus

Post by zus » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:38 pm

Any nude lippie! I will wear dark purples and bright magentas on my lips but I'm scared of nudes... weird huh! I'd really love to wear a dark eye and a pale lip one day but but but...
tizzylou

Post by tizzylou » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:46 pm

And mine would be a Red lippie!! It doesn't matter how wearable it is supposed to be , I haven't found one that I can wear. When I put a red lippie on, to me I look like a little girl playing in her mother's makeup. Now I know that probably isn't how it looks in real life, but that is how my minds eye see's it and I can't get past it. I love Jaybird, but have yet to try Hot Blooded, and unless I can find an orange based red, rather than a blue based red, I 'm not even going to try. So any suggestions?