Your secret wishlist colours?

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
egerandi

Re: Your secret wishlist colours?

Post by egerandi » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:52 pm

tizzylou wrote:And mine would be a Red lippie!! It doesn't matter how wearable it is supposed to be , I haven't found one that I can wear. When I put a red lippie on, to me I look like a little girl playing in her mother's makeup. Now I know that probably isn't how it looks in real life, but that is how my minds eye see's it and I can't get past it. I love Jaybird, but have yet to try Hot Blooded, and unless I can find an orange based red, rather than a blue based red, I 'm not even going to try. So any suggestions?
Try Cayenne and blot it if it looks too much :) Blotting works with other reds too, but aside from Hot Blooded, I think Cayenne is the only really warm red in the bunch.
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:56 pm

zus wrote:Any nude lippie! I will wear dark purples and bright magentas on my lips but I'm scared of nudes... weird huh! I'd really love to wear a dark eye and a pale lip one day but but but...
I know how you feel, took me forever to work up the courage to nude my lips. Mine are naturally dark, so even if I only wear a transparent gloss, it looks like I have lipstick on, so to block that out with a nude felt weird. That is until I found Mirage! It looked a bit too tan or brown at first, in the tube and on the swatches, but it really works on my lips as a nude. I use it when I want to emphasize my blue eyes, and shift the focus upwards :)
If you don't want to go that nude first, try St. Tropez: a lovely nude-ish gloss, especially for me, as it matches my natural lip color (dusky rose).
tizzylou

Post by tizzylou » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:49 pm

egerandi wrote:
tizzylou wrote:And mine would be a Red lippie!! It doesn't matter how wearable it is supposed to be , I haven't found one that I can wear. When I put a red lippie on, to me I look like a little girl playing in her mother's makeup. Now I know that probably isn't how it looks in real life, but that is how my minds eye see's it and I can't get past it. I love Jaybird, but have yet to try Hot Blooded, and unless I can find an orange based red, rather than a blue based red, I 'm not even going to try. So any suggestions?
Try Cayenne and blot it if it looks too much :) Blotting works with other reds too, but aside from Hot Blooded, I think Cayenne is the only really warm red in the bunch.

Thanks Andrea, I will have to get Cayenne and try this.
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:02 pm

egerandi wrote:
zus wrote:Any nude lippie! I will wear dark purples and bright magentas on my lips but I'm scared of nudes... weird huh! I'd really love to wear a dark eye and a pale lip one day but but but...
I know how you feel, took me forever to work up the courage to nude my lips. Mine are naturally dark, so even if I only wear a transparent gloss, it looks like I have lipstick on, so to block that out with a nude felt weird. That is until I found Mirage! It looked a bit too tan or brown at first, in the tube and on the swatches, but it really works on my lips as a nude. I use it when I want to emphasize my blue eyes, and shift the focus upwards :)
If you don't want to go that nude first, try St. Tropez: a lovely nude-ish gloss, especially for me, as it matches my natural lip color (dusky rose).
Mixing your foundation with a clear gloss works really well too- It's pretty perfect match to your skin and ergo, a custom nude for you. If your lips have any natural pigment, it'll pinken up the nude just enough to make your liptone different from your skintone
Nude lips.jpg
Nude lips.jpg (23.5 KiB) Viewed 3296 times
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
zus

Post by zus » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:55 am

egerandi wrote:I know how you feel, took me forever to work up the courage to nude my lips. Mine are naturally dark, so even if I only wear a transparent gloss, it looks like I have lipstick on, so to block that out with a nude felt weird. That is until I found Mirage! It looked a bit too tan or brown at first, in the tube and on the swatches, but it really works on my lips as a nude. I use it when I want to emphasize my blue eyes, and shift the focus upwards :)
Xarata wrote:Mixing your foundation with a clear gloss works really well too- It's pretty perfect match to your skin and ergo, a custom nude for you. If your lips have any natural pigment, it'll pinken up the nude just enough to make your liptone different from your skintone
In my case, my lips are a bit small and my upper lip thin, so I feel I need as much lip as I can get! I've never really liked lip gloss, and never tried a SN gloss before, but if any brand is going to win me over to the glossy side, it has to be this one. In fact, St. Tropez has been travelling back and forth between my wishlist and cart for a while now (going back to the wishlist every time because I wouldn't want to get something I won't wear because it's nude/because it's a gloss) but I think I'll put it on the cart for real now! Mirage might be too nude too soon, but Xarata, your tip is very clever! As soon as I get my hands on a clear gloss I like, I will definitely try this. I suppose I could start off slow, with not too much foundation, ease into this whole nude lip thing :)
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:44 am

packgal wrote:mine is mango lip gloss. it just looks sooo pretty, but i doubt i will like it once i put it on :(

for those who want to try poly, use it as a liner with neutral shadows. it rocks...get it. dooooo it.
Yeah.... Mango. Definitely.