How very dare they!

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
Ghost

How very dare they!

Post by Ghost » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:01 pm

****** Warning rant alert!!! *******

I cannot believe this happened

Some bloody blighter has gotten a hold of my credit card details and had themselves a little spending spree, not too much thank god but I can't believe they did that!!!! That's my money, technically the credit card company's money, but still my card :x .

I've contacted my bank and the transaction is in dispute, I've also cancelled my card. Thankfully I'm covered and I've contacted the company 'they used' letting them know of the situation so I don't need to worry.

What kind of people think it's okay to do this? People who work hard for they're money, who go without so they can spree themselves (preferably at SN :D ). All I can say is if I every meet 'them' I'm going to poke them in the eye.....................twice. Lets see them take my money while blind!!!
Foundation: 1: baggie 6: ebony: 7 glow
Fav blush: Steller
Fav Lippie: Symphony
Fav combo: cream 1st half of lid, 09:59 2nd half, chocolate twinkle in the crease with Blackheart over it blended out and vanillia on brow bone.
karen
Site Admin

Re: How very dare they!

Post by karen » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:50 pm

******Warning Further Rant*********
What a bunch of clowns!!!!!! I could write an entire thesis on this subject after getting my card stolen over the holidays. I actually got the contact info for the people who used my card number. They were too far away to go track down, but I entertained fantasies of having thousands of AOL disks, junk mail, door to door salesmen, telemarketers, and various religious groups sent to their houses. I didn't actually do it because that's just wrong to do to other hard working folks, but it was a fun thought. I decided to put my creative energy to better use.

Yes, it's galling, and even worse, the police never really do anything about it. I actually called the police in Australia where one of the criminals were, and they wouldn't even take a complaint. I totally understand that police have tough jobs, and they're overworked as it is- but you'd think someone like VISA would pony up the cash to pay for more police to fight this stuff. Send a few to jail (or better yet, use them for medical experiments) and it cuts down on the problem real quick...and probably much cheaper than all of the money that gets spent on chargebacks, and fraud protection.

Feel better...I believe in Karma- I hope they get a papercut when they open the package.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten