Meadow's FOTD/EOTD's

meadowbird

Meadow's FOTD/EOTD's

Post by meadowbird » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:38 pm

I love checking out everyone elses FOTD/EOTD's (don't we all! :D) to see all the unique and interesting combo's other's come up with ect, and as I'm almost always experimenting with my SN colours I thought I'd give them their own designated area to live in! I'm reasonably scatterbrained and often think to myself once I've put my makeup on that I should take a photo and write down what I used because inevitably I'll forget. So this is as much for my benefit as everyone elses :lol:, now I *have* to take photos and record what I used!
And ya know, sharing is caring! :D
Blush : Lovelace ~ Flare ~ Stardust ~ Foxxy
Eyes: Scandal ~ Neuron ~ Sprite ~ Zest
Lips: Zinnia ~ Ambrosia ~ Pretty Please ~ Mango
meadowbird

Re: Meadow's FOTD/EOTD's

Post by meadowbird » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:45 pm

Here is my eye look today. I've been sick for the past few days and just hanging around the house so I thought I'd play.

• Lid: GWP Faerie
    Crease and Outer V: GWP Cleo
    Middle of Lid: Madison applied lightly
    Highlight: Fire applied very lightly
    Liner: Velvet wetlined upper and 3/4 of lower lashline
    No mascara

All the shadows other than the liner were applied dry. It's the first time I've used Faerie and Cleo. Next time I will use Faerie foiled because the sparkle is quite big, I thought, and there was lots of fall out. Also, I added Madison just to warm it up, perk up my eyes a bit. Now I remember why I usually don't wear lavenders or purple, unless they're warm - they just wash me out and make me look tired.
Cheece

Post by Cheece » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:23 am

That's a gorgeous look!
Colleen

Post by Colleen » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:40 am

I think it looks gorgeous.
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:31 am

That is seriously pretty. (full marks for quality camera work, too!)
JenK

Post by JenK » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:06 pm

Very pretty look!!! I noticed you have Frolic as a fav lippie, would you mind showing a swatch or on your lips. I've been eyeing it for about a year.

Your camera is awesome, can't believe the detail it picked up.
Die Marchen

Post by Die Marchen » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:18 pm

Great! Thanks a lot - I have these colors but I never thought of warming them up a little! :-)

And excellent camera work - usually I can't catch the colors - they look absolutely sheer :(

Beautiful :-)
Current ratio, Sept. 13: 1 Ebony : 1 Buttery Gold : 15 All Purpose : 5 Ivory : 2 Yellow : 1 Liberty : 1 Beach Bunny
The mix is pale and does't look yellow
zooeyblue

Post by zooeyblue » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:24 pm

That is a seriously beautiful look!
~Tracy~
meadowbird

Post by meadowbird » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:01 am

Wow, thanks girls! I wasn't expecting such lovely comments! Made my day :D

Today's didn't photograph so well. It's been raining all day and there was no sunlight at all, so the colours don't look all that true to me.

Lid: GWP Mazel Tov (Please oh please introduce this into the permanent line!)
Crease and Outer V: Sizzle (also foiled along lower lash line)
Highlight: Diamond
Liner: Emerald on outer third of upper and lower lash line
Off brand mascara. (Going to do the 1000 hours home lash tint next week!)

All foiled today.

I also tried Madison as a blush today, which was surprisingly nice except hard to blend and a bit too shiny. Seemed like stardust but with pink shimmer instead of silver.
I'll do a FOTD soon but my skin has been a bit sad last few months after quitting BC pills!

JenK, I tried to do a swatch of Frolic for you today but the flash kept blanking everything out. I'll try again tomorrow and hopefully there will be some sunshine!
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:02 am

Absolutely gorgeous! I like Mazel Tov as well, and paired it with Aloha before but Sizzle seems pretty close!
Btw, the current GWP Flutter would be a very nice highlight for your previous look: almost ethereal light lilac/lavender with interference. I just got it today, so now I have to dig up Faerie :)

I'm intrigued by 1000 Hour lash tint - which color do you use? I get my lashes tinted before I go on vacation to have one less thing to worry about (just curl and go), but it costs $30/visit as opposed to the $25 for 12 application of 1000Hour. I seem to have the same color eyes, brows and complexion as you, but currently have reddish dark brown (almost black) hair. From your experience, the natural black would be a good match? I don't need over-the-top, but something that would define my growing lashes (getting long, thanks to the eyelash gel!).