Meadow's FOTD/EOTD's

meadowbird

Re: Meadow's FOTD/EOTD's

Post by meadowbird » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:58 pm

I've never used it before - or had my eyelashes tinted at all. I just googled 'home lash tint' and the company website popped up. I did a review search and came upon this thread: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/vi ... p?tid=7546 and there are some very, very promising results and heaps of clever tips for applying!
I wear mascara everyday because my lashes are so light/invisible and I feel odd without them! Also because I live in the tropics it has to be waterproof otherwise it just gets everywhere (even the WP leaves a dark crescent under my eyes from blinking and the occasional spidey prints on my browbone, prob because I use virgin coconut oil as a moisturiser so it might not stick as well.) I love my lashes feeling soft and free :lol: so I can't wait to ditch the clumper! I'd be happy with a clear mascara for definition if I was going somewhere spesh.
Blue/Black seems to be the go also, it's said to be the same as the regular black but instead of being flat it has more depth and is glossy looking, not blue colour wise. Girls who are extremely fair or have red hair are recommended the dark brown, aslo recommended for brows. I'm interested in trying my brows because they're very mousey and toneless. Normally it doesn't matter because my fringe usually covers them but I cut it too short last week - whoops! It's been living under a bobbypin on top of my head until today. :mrgreen:
But I will definitely post before an after pics!
Blush : Lovelace ~ Flare ~ Stardust ~ Foxxy
Eyes: Scandal ~ Neuron ~ Sprite ~ Zest
Lips: Zinnia ~ Ambrosia ~ Pretty Please ~ Mango
meadowbird

Post by meadowbird » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:10 am

Ok here was today's, all foiled:

Lid: Orbit
Outer V: Legend
Highlight: Highbeam
Centre of lids: Fire (just dabbed to tone down the unexepected mustardyness of Orbit)
Liner: Vogue (lightly applied)
No mascara.

I reminded myself of why I don't reach for Orbit very often - and never as a full crease shade. It's usually fantastic foiled as a lower lash liner. Meteor is what I probably had in mind for this, it's much more flattering on me. In person all the colours are darker and more intense.

And full face:

Also wearing SIAJ Light Peach, Dait Bait and Tempt Tryst (love), off-brand bronzer, Satisfied blush, Halo glow and especially for JenK (hopefully she'll see it!) Frolic on the lips. I tried again to get a proper swatch but again it's so overcast and rainy I can't take a decent shot. I think Frolic is darker in person, at least when freshly applied, I have a habit of being.. er.. liberal :D. It's really gorgeous, I didn't like it at first and it took a bit of playing, blotting, staining ect before I fell in love.
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:15 am

OK, I'm getting the blue-black for my lashes, thanks for the tip and the link! Right now, my hair is still mostly black, although I'm transitioning back to dark auburn (or maybe even lighter later), so I should prolly get the natural black for my brows. Right now, I'm using an almost black pencil to fill and color, and finish off with the SN liner sealer.

I like your hair color too, and I think (unless you're set on the tinting) the dark blonde brow powder + liner sealer would be a good match for you to define them. I can't wait to see your results with the tint!

And yes, your eye shadow application is just gorgeous. I have Orbit and Luxe (not Legend) and Chocolate Twinkle (instead of Vogue), and Highbeam and Fire, and I think I'm going to copy you ;) I wanted an eye to go with Mango + Ginny and this may just be the ticket.
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:17 am

i am so jealous of your eye shape- such nice,open, almond shape with a nice canvas for color! Golds and coppers are some of my favorites!
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
JenK

Post by JenK » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:39 am

Another great look!!!!
meadowbird wrote:and especially for JenK (hopefully she'll see it!) Frolic on the lips.
Frolic is so going in my cart!!! Thanks so much for wearing it in your latest look!!!
LT16

Post by LT16 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:57 am

Wow, you are so pretty! All the e/s shades looks beautiful on you.

So jealous of your lashes.
Die Marchen

Post by Die Marchen » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:04 pm

So beautiful! :-) Thank you a lot-lot for posting it! It is so inspiring. I like both Mazel Tov (can't wait for Hannukah, Lekhaim :)) ad Sizzle, but didn't think of combining them!

Gorgeous :-) Applauds!
Current ratio, Sept. 13: 1 Ebony : 1 Buttery Gold : 15 All Purpose : 5 Ivory : 2 Yellow : 1 Liberty : 1 Beach Bunny
The mix is pale and does't look yellow
meadowbird

Post by meadowbird » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:19 pm

Xarata wrote:i am so jealous of your eye shape- such nice,open, almond shape with a nice canvas for color! Golds and coppers are some of my favorites!
Wow, really? Thank you so much. I was always a little paranoid about the fact that one has more lid than the other, that's the only way I can explain it, you can see in the photos, lol! Golds are coppers are my favourite too! I don't usually wear Orbit that much because I'm so pale at the mo, looks a bit harsh. Even though it's summer here! I live in the tropics of Australia and it's wet season - so not much in the way of sunshine lately! (You've probably heard stuff about cyclone yasi that passed last week) Yup, that's where I live! lol.
Wow, you are so pretty! All the e/s shades looks beautiful on you.

So jealous of your lashes.
Thank you! ^_^ My eyelashes have grown and aren't shedding nearly as much (used to lose a couple everydaty, now one or two per week) and I can only attribute it to using virgin coconut oil to take my make up off and as a moisturiser, so it goes on the lashes too, and also I've been taking the Swisse brand Hair, Skin and Nails vitamin formula, twice a day instead of once. It was for my hair but I've noticed a distinct improvement and quantity, quality, thickness and length of my once sparse eyelashes. Who woulda thunk it :)

Die Marchen, what are Hannukah and Lekhaim? I searched the site but nothing came up. Were they GWP's?
kookith

Post by kookith » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:48 am

meadowbird wrote:Lid: GWP Mazel Tov (Please oh please introduce this into the permanent line!)
YES PLEASE KAREN. I love Mazel Tov and want a FS too!!

And meadowbird, love these photos. One of my biggest pet peeves for makeup swatches are bad-quality, blurry, unfocused, dark/yellowish photos (or photos with too much flash) that don't really show anything except maybe some sparkle. Your photos really do the SN colours justice! Amazing application and blending skills too. You're really pretty, so we can't be friends obviously :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Who says a chick can't love make up and World of Warcraft at the same time? :D

http://kookith.wordpress.com/
http://megsmakeup.com/aff/11035/4
meadowbird

Post by meadowbird » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:37 pm

kookith wrote:
meadowbird wrote:Lid: GWP Mazel Tov (Please oh please introduce this into the permanent line!)
YES PLEASE KAREN. I love Mazel Tov and want a FS too!!

And meadowbird, love these photos. One of my biggest pet peeves for makeup swatches are bad-quality, blurry, unfocused, dark/yellowish photos (or photos with too much flash) that don't really show anything except maybe some sparkle. Your photos really do the SN colours justice! Amazing application and blending skills too. You're really pretty, so we can't be friends obviously :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Thanks kookith! We can be unfriends based on those terms, I'll take that! :lol: I use the Lumix FT2 which is really great - was a Christmas gift from my boyfriend and a must for the clumsy (ie ME!).
I've been really sick so I haven't been wearing any makeup. Will probably play with my new colours later today and get another FOTD up. :)