Adorn

egerandi

Re: Adorn

Post by egerandi » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:14 pm

Just got it, and already know it's going to be in rotation a lot :)
It doesn't need anything, but a bit of Godiva in the outer crease makes it even nicer, bringing out some more of the warmth.
Die Marchen

Post by Die Marchen » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:00 am

Just got in and unfortunately it doesn't work for me. I have passed it to a friend who liked it and told I have wrong eyes :-) (She is a real friend who tells the truth :-))
Current ratio, Sept. 13: 1 Ebony : 1 Buttery Gold : 15 All Purpose : 5 Ivory : 2 Yellow : 1 Liberty : 1 Beach Bunny
The mix is pale and does't look yellow
Colleen

Post by Colleen » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:33 pm

Adorn looks awful on me too. I feel a bit left out of the fun. It's a good thing Karen makes so many other colors that I love.
aud

Post by aud » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:53 am

I love Adorn. I like how it melts into my skintone but flashes violet when the light hits it. Might be better for warmer coloured eyes.

Could we have more of such shades pretty please?
Current SN foundation mix: 4 Buttery Gold: 2 Yellow Boosters: 21 Medium Ivory: 8 Original Ivory: 3 Glow
Favourite SN lippies (currently): Darling, Barcelona (Gumball), Menage
Favourite SN blushers: Carnal, Satisfied
Annika

Post by Annika » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:52 am

I adore Adorn! It's one of those shades that instantly works for me, it doesn't really need anything else. It's a neutral, almost nude... and it's sheer... but it's eye-catching and blue at the same time. It's one of the eyeshadows I reach for the most!
1 Olive : 14 Ivory (original) + a smidge of Buttery Gold
aud

Post by aud » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:14 am

Had a job interview today and I stuck to work safe colours. Most things on my face were SN.
SN foundation (medium + original coverage mix + glow), Adorn in crease and Quarzite the rest of the way blended out to brows and Barcelona gumball on my lips (how I love that shade. Please re-release?).

I couldn't stand my lids too neutral and wanted something "special", without trying too hard. Adorn was the answer. Could we have more of these light shades please? :)
Current SN foundation mix: 4 Buttery Gold: 2 Yellow Boosters: 21 Medium Ivory: 8 Original Ivory: 3 Glow
Favourite SN lippies (currently): Darling, Barcelona (Gumball), Menage
Favourite SN blushers: Carnal, Satisfied
kookith

Post by kookith » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:59 pm

I tried Adorn for the first time today! When the light hits, it flashes so many different dimensions, it's absolutely gorgeous!

I loved it, but the base colour is the exact same colour as my skin, so it looked like I wasn't wearing anything at all, and the neutral/sheer/subtle look is not my thing as I like bright colours.

I'm going to give this one away to my friend.. or maybe I'll just keep it to swatch now and then and stare at my hand. I have Cupcake and Godiva too, can't wait to try them next. Hopefully they'll work a lot better for me.
Who says a chick can't love make up and World of Warcraft at the same time? :D

http://kookith.wordpress.com/
http://megsmakeup.com/aff/11035/4
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:00 am

I was blessed with samples of Adorn, Deco and Godiva by a lovely friend. Adorn is just a little bit too orange for me in daylight but can blend out. Looks awesome in electric lighting.

I *love* the effects, though, and would really enjoy more colours in the same eclectic style. It's subtlety is key to making it work, for me, but I love that it's a quietly eccentric twist on an unassuming neutral. Love.
kookith

Post by kookith » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:47 am

Cupcake! Have you tried your namesake yet? :P I LOVE the way it looks from the jar... have yet to open it though.
Who says a chick can't love make up and World of Warcraft at the same time? :D

http://kookith.wordpress.com/
http://megsmakeup.com/aff/11035/4
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:04 am

kookith wrote:Cupcake! Have you tried your namesake yet? :P I LOVE the way it looks from the jar... have yet to open it though.
Tried it? I live in it!! :lol: It's somewhere between serendipity and hilarity that it's the perfect buffed pink-ish tone and melds into my skin and makes the blue in my eyes look bright and slightly teal-blue. On top of that, you've got the veil of "your skin but waaay better" subtle shimmer. Seriously, if they'd stood face to face with me, they couldn't have done a better job of crafting a colour for me - and they've not even met me! I'm not just honoured, I'm over the moon with it.