Anything good on Netflix???

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
Die Marchen

Re: Anything good on Netflix???

Post by Die Marchen » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:02 pm

Ladies, have you watched Tropic Thunder? If you enjoyed Hot fuzz and Shawn of the Dead you might like it. Especially as there is Tom Cruise and he is awesome there :-) and Robert Dawney-jr and though it is very funny it is also a social satire and a very clever movie. I enjoy movies that are more clever then then try to look like and hate movies that position themselves as smart, but they are just boring and grandiloquent.

Tropic thunder was created by Ben Stiller and I have just remembered about a wonderful movie I love a lot "Keeping the Faith" with Stiller and Edward Norton. It is about 10 years old, but if you haven't watched it - I recommend. It is not a comedy you will laugh all the movie, but it is one of the nicest movies.
Current ratio, Sept. 13: 1 Ebony : 1 Buttery Gold : 15 All Purpose : 5 Ivory : 2 Yellow : 1 Liberty : 1 Beach Bunny
The mix is pale and does't look yellow
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:06 am

Topic Thunder was the first movie that made me laugh out loud in the movie theater, sooo very funny!
I was pushing aside The Other Guys for a while, but I'm glad I finally watched it the other day, and I'm ready to see it again :)
Another funny one with Robert Downey Marryme (whoa, what, who said that?) Jr: Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.

I also highly recommend foreign comedies: The Closet, Eat Drink Man Woman.
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:09 pm

Just watched Julie & Julia. It's not funny, but it's really cute and uplifting.