Thoughts on Perfume??

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
JenK

Thoughts on Perfume??

Post by JenK » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:02 am

For those that received their orders, what are your thoughts on the Perfumes?

Thanks
Trainer

Re: Thoughts on Perfume??

Post by Trainer » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:56 pm

My husband loves the sexy vanilla! ;)
superwahz

Post by superwahz » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:24 pm

Ummm...so...I have impulse control issues and ordered all 4 in case they sold out too soon.... :oops:

I like them all, though to rate them it would go Sexy Vanilla, Squeeze/Secret Admirer, then Cassanova (because I don't usually wear cologne ;-)

Sexy Vanilla reminds me of the vanilla scents that were on the site before, I loved them both then and I love this one now, it's pretty similar if not the same as before? Isn't overly sweet, has this sexy dry down that I keep catching wiffs of and thinking "What smells so good...oh...it's my wrist!" :lol: It's the smoky eye, LBD, red lipstick...the scent you dot behind your ears so when he leans in for a kiss he gets a hint and then spends the rest of the night thinking about it.

Secret Admirer has a nice dry down too, sweeter than the other scents for sure so if you don't like that in a scent, give it a pass. It's like the girly, innocent version of Sexy Vanilla, you get hints of vanilla, sweet sugary caramel, and an unexpected twist of coconut...basically, it smells like dessert while Sexy Vanilla smells like...well...you know... ;)

Squeeze is very bright and cheerful, smells like a glass of fresh squeezed orange juice looks! Love it, reminds me Spring is coming! The citrus is prominent but with hints of something else that sweetens it a bit as it softens in the dry down to a gorgeous almost dreamsicle-like scent, but I don't think there's vanilla in it... Also coordinates nicely with the scent in the Coconut Aragon conditioner and the hair oil...it's not the exact same smell, but in the same family and so will go well together.

Cassanova is hard for me to describe...not too heavy, not really spicy, crisp clean scent, it's like fresh linens combined with the scent of leather and something else... Pleasant, not overbearing or anything, I could see some guys really liking it though personally I like a bit spicier, smokier scent.
Taking joy in living is a woman's best cosmetic. ~Rosalind Russell
Colleen

Post by Colleen » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:13 pm

I only got the sexy vanilla. I just got it today so I haven't worn it long yet. I do think it is a nice scent. I will wear it tomorrow and see how it wears for a full day. After superwahz's descriptions I feel like I should have ordered them all. :D
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:35 pm

I only got Sexy Vanilla too, and my boyfriend thought I was wearing maple syrup. And yes, that's a good thing :D
It's a nice darkish vanilla, if that makes sense, with a bit of smoke/leather(?) in it. I put it on before I go to sleep, as I like warm scents then, and I can still smell it when I wake up about 6hrs later. I'll try and layer it with my other perfumes, I'm thinking it will make a good addition to 'dress up' my usual scents for the night.
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:31 pm

Man alive, it sold out so fast. Is there any chance that we could get another small batch? By the sounds of things, there would be a stampede - not just those of us who missed out, but also those lucky enough to pick one up in time the first time around to come get a second helping!
JenK

Post by JenK » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:57 am

Thanks ladies!!

I've been eyeing Squeeze, if it is in stock when I place my order I will grab one. It sounds like a nice pick me up for the AM.
superwahz wrote:in the dry down to a gorgeous almost dreamsicle-like scent
I haven't thought of dreamsicles in years, my husband loves them. I was more of a "Push-Up" girl...wonder if they still sell those?? I may need to head to the store and take a look.
egerandi wrote:with a bit of smoke/leather(?) in it
I got a chuckle over this!!
Colleen

Post by Colleen » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:07 am

I have bought the dreamcicles at wal-mart.
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:33 pm

I'm glad you like them!!!! I tried to get my hands on some more of the fragrance that makes Sexy Vanilla and it's no longer available. I did rather like that one quite a bit, but it's really not possible to make any more :cry:
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:50 pm

karen wrote:I'm glad you like them!!!! I tried to get my hands on some more of the fragrance that makes Sexy Vanilla and it's no longer available. I did rather like that one quite a bit, but it's really not possible to make any more :cry:
Thanks for trying. Very good of you.