Good news to share

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
karen
Site Admin

Re: Good news to share

Post by karen » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:29 pm

Congratulations!!!!!! It's a beautiful ring. I hope you have many many blessings, and a great life together.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
tizzylou

Post by tizzylou » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:59 pm

Congratulations. Best wishes to the both of you for a long and happy life together.
MyLavenderHeart

Post by MyLavenderHeart » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:30 pm

I know we have talked about it via email, but just noticed this thread and I had to pop in and say that ring looks sooo stunning! Lucky girl :D
ChristineLynnP

Post by ChristineLynnP » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:26 am

Thank you, everyone :D

The band I got to go with it finally came in, and it looks awful next to the engagement ring. It's a full eternity band with diamonds, it's much too big, and it just doesn't look right next to it at all. I even tried to see if it looks ok on another finger as a ring just to have, and it doesn't at all. It's just too awkwardly skinny, not at all what I thought. So it's going back. But the bright side of it all is that we ordered a gorgeous wedding ring from a jewelry store at the mall last night, and it looks perfect with my engagement ring. And despite Eric's extreme allergy to most metals (it's probably nickel, in any concentration, believe it or not even the rivets in pants, the ones most of us don't even really notice are there, cause him to react in most cases. We've bought many a pair of pants or shorts that ended up having to be trashed after he wore them once for this reason) and insistence that he was just going to get a cheap stainless steel ring from his friend's little store, the saleswoman at Littman Jeweler's helped me tag team him and he's got a real ring on order now, tungsten and carbonite. It's really "him" too, black with a gray carbon-fiber pattern.

Now if March 5th just hurry up and get here!
Check us out on etsy: www.titanweave.etsy.com
tardis

Post by tardis » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:19 pm

ChristineLynnP wrote:Thank you, everyone :D
And despite Eric's extreme allergy to most metals (it's probably nickel, in any concentration, believe it or not even the rivets in pants, the ones most of us don't even really notice are there, cause him to react in most cases. We've bought many a pair of pants or shorts that ended up having to be trashed after he wore them once for this reason)
I have this too. It's definitely nickel. If the rivets on pants cause a rash, I take a tiny piece of fabric and sew it on the inside to the pants so the metal doesn't touch my skin. It can't be seen from the outside and takes about five minutes.

Congratulations, by the way! :)
Colleen

Post by Colleen » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:35 pm

Christine congratulations. I am so happy for you. I love your ring. It looks really similar to mine. I went with a channel set princess cut band to go with mine. I would love to see a picture of your rings together when you get your wedding band. You will be a lovely bride.
ChristineLynnP

Post by ChristineLynnP » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:24 pm

Colleen wrote:Christine congratulations. I am so happy for you. I love your ring. It looks really similar to mine. I went with a channel set princess cut band to go with mine. I would love to see a picture of your rings together when you get your wedding band. You will be a lovely bride.
Of course you'll see a pic of them together Colleen! I can't wait to post it! :D lol, I'll probably take a pic of them together as soon as I pick it up, even before we get married. You posted your ring on the old EDM forum, right? I remember it being gorgeous but I forget what it looks like. Did you post it on your facebook page? Hmm, I should go look right now. Not that I'm a stalker or anything :lol:

We're not doing a real wedding. My best friend is getting ordained to sign our paperwork, her husband and our other closest friend will be out witnesses, and then we're going out to a nice dinner and staying for the weekend in Atlantic City, just relaxing, eating (it's during restaurant week, lol), probably doing a little gambling, and hitting the outlets. I just never wanted the stress and pressure of a traditional wedding, so this is much more our style :mrgreen:
Colleen

Post by Colleen » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:37 pm

I didn't post on facebook since I rarely go there. Here is a link to photo's I posted on chanty's forum. I posted my new set and old set on there.

http://www.87px.net/mmf/viewtopic.php?f ... s&start=10

Scroll down about half way. I can't wait to see your wedding band too.
JenK

Post by JenK » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:44 pm

CONGRATS!!!!
ChristineLynnP

Post by ChristineLynnP » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:31 pm

I just checked it out and added my own to the thread :mrgreen: Your rings are very pretty Colleen! And my engagement ring does look at lot like your's, you're right on that!