please help me pick out a color

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
jess19741975

please help me pick out a color

Post by jess19741975 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:45 pm

Am I a warm or buttery? I am very excited to have found this line and I am ready to order. I just do not want to pick the wrong formula. So here I am! Please help me pick...Jessica
Attachments
Me!
Me!
IMG_4781.JPG (41.88 KiB) Viewed 2856 times
Rhys

Re: please help me pick out a color

Post by Rhys » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:52 pm

It's hard to tell because monitor colours don't always reflect real life, but my (Mac) monitor is making you look classically olive-complected.

If you try the sample kits, you'll get both warm gold (that works a treat for olive-skinned women), and buttery gold, and the regular ebony) so you can tweak to your heart's content. I"m going to take a stab here and say that I think probably six or seven scoops of white (it's easier to darken foundation than lighten), one of warm gold, and maybe? half a scoop of buttery thrown in would match you. At least you could start there, see how it looks without the buttery, and tweak if you need to. The samples of the colours will last you a LOT longer than the white base will, so you can play with it to get a good match.
JenW

Re: please help me pick out a color

Post by JenW » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:06 pm

I have to concur with Rhys. You look like me, except I am fairer. I pretty much just use a combo of Warm gold and White ranging from 1:8 to 1:10. I would definitely try to keep the mix as simple as possible unless you think it needs something. That is the beauty of this foundation. You can add what it seems to be missing rather than toss the whole thing and start over.

Let us know how it goes!!!
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com