The Uplifting Thread

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
ChristineLynnP

The Uplifting Thread

Post by ChristineLynnP » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:33 am

We had a thread on "that other place's" forum that was strictly happy- funny pictures, jokes, cute stories, inspirational stuff, etc. If I remember right MLH was the queen of funny or cute postings.

Well, right about now that's what I need to see. Our dog was hit by a car last night, and he survived that but with his severe heart murmur, the anesthesia for his much-needed surgery killed him. So I'm having a really down day and was thinking a cutesy thread like what I was describing is what we all need to cheer us up a bit when we're feeling low.

So... I've got nothing right now, I'm at work and my phone isn't conductive to posting stuff like that. Anyone else have anything?
Check us out on etsy: www.titanweave.etsy.com
JenW

Re: The Uplifting Thread

Post by JenW » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:54 am

Nothing to post immediately, but I did want to send you a big cyber hug. I hope your pup is better very soon!

Edited to add.....I am so sorry for your pup. And for you. And much deserved apologies for my poor reading skills.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
ChristineLynnP

Post by ChristineLynnP » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:19 am

Thanks Jen, but he did die... not from being hit but because he was injured so badly we took him to the animal hospital and he needed immediate surgery. He'd had a severe heart murmur since he was born and nothing could be done about it because anesthesia for surgery could be enough to kill him. They even told us the biggest obstacle last night was going to be whether he'd survive the anesthesia necessary for his required surgery. He didn't survive it, he never came out of it, the anesthesia caused his heart to stop.
MyLavenderHeart

Post by MyLavenderHeart » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:46 am

Oh noooo, so sorry your dog died Christine!!! :cry:
Sending you big hugs! It is very traumatic when something like this happens, so hope you will get over this at one point. Sending you both big hugs!!

ChristineLynnP wrote:We had a thread on "that other place's" forum that was strictly happy- funny pictures, jokes, cute stories, inspirational stuff, etc. If I remember right MLH was the queen of funny or cute postings.
Aww, you remembered my thread at "the other place"? I think I called it a lol a day or something...I started it at that other place because I felt it was something people could need on bad days. Should totally have that again!
I am on my way out, but rest asure I`ll pop in and post something that will make you smile a littlebit despite everything :P
Hugs!
JenW

Post by JenW » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:26 pm

Ugh. I even reread your post, but I clearly read it wrong and am completely at fault here. I am so sorry, Christine.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
MyLavenderHeart

Post by MyLavenderHeart » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:11 pm

Home again, and here is something that hopefully will make you smile a littlebit at least , Christine! :)

I would TOTALLY drive one of these if I ever should go shopping for watermelons!!! Big watermelons!
This would be the PERFECT vehicle to use!!

Maybe I could buy one of THESE and then use THAT car...that would be totally LEGEN- (wait for iiit) - DARY!!
Am I right or am I right?? Eeeehh??

I think disgruntled watermelon is disgruntled because it has no nose....I would be too...

Lol?? Tiny lol in the back of the room? Eh? Eh? Eeeeeeh??
Going ONCE!
Going TWICE!
SOLD to the LOL in the back of the room with the striped shirt!

ChristineLynnP

Post by ChristineLynnP » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:15 pm

That's just... creepy, lol. The car made me smile, and the part about shopping for watermelons, but the watermelons itself might give me nightmares :lol:

Thanks, I don't know about anyone else, but this is just the kind of silliness I'm talking about, perfect to cheer you up at least for the time being.
MyLavenderHeart

Post by MyLavenderHeart » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:08 pm

lol, sorry Christine, didn`t mean to give you nightmares :lol:

I`ll stay away from these in the future...or WILL I?? :mrgreen:
superwahz

Post by superwahz » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:56 pm

Oh Christine I am so deeply sorry for your loss! My heart hurts for you... *BIG HUGS*
Taking joy in living is a woman's best cosmetic. ~Rosalind Russell
superwahz

Post by superwahz » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:58 pm

Okay.....so now for a funny like you requested!

:lol: This picture makes me laugh every time I see it! DH thinks I'm a total nut, but I can't help giggling at it! Can't you just hear the sound the cake would make as it opens its mouth "Ahhhhhhhhhrrrmmmm!!" :lol: :lol:
Taking joy in living is a woman's best cosmetic. ~Rosalind Russell